Can’t load a project

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rodolfo
Expert

Can’t load a project

Post by Rodolfo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:38 pm

Auria Pro v2.25
IOS 13.7
iPad Pro 9.7 (1st gen)

I’m no longer able to load a project, AP keeps crashing while loading it.
It was working fine a couple of months ago, same AP version, same IOS version.
The only thing I suspect can be causing problems is that there’s an AU plugin (bs16i) that was updated and the dev reported that he had to change the app identifier or something like that. Maybe the issue is a different plugin, but as far as I remember it was the only AUv3 plugin in the project, all the rest were AP native plugins and the native Fabfilters.
I tried the usual procedure in the link below with different snapshots to no avail, and unfortunately I don’t know what else to do.

https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=auri ... g_projects

It’s a finished project with one of song of my previous EP, fortunately I have the final mix printed but I was trying to print the individual stems in order to save them from future updates and an eventual broken plugin. I guess I’m a little bit late..

Any known procedure to avoid a crash on load and manually disable plugins on the original project?

Thanks.
Rodolfo

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Can’t load a project

Post by Espiegel123 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:25 pm

This might be a real hassle -- but I wonder what would happen if you offloaded the app/plugin causing the problem before trying to open the project the next time.

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:44 pm

Espiegel123 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:25 pm
This might be a real hassle -- but I wonder what would happen if you offloaded the app/plugin causing the problem before trying to open the project the next time.
I wonder it too, but I don’t know how to offload the plugin without first opening the project, so this is a chicken and egg situation...

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:00 pm

Rodolfo wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:44 pm
Espiegel123 wrote:
I wonder it too, but I don’t know how to offload the plugin without first opening the project, so this is a chicken and egg situation...
In Settings, I’m the Storage and memory section, find the bs-16i app and choose “Offload”. The data will be kept around unlike if you delete the app. When Auria launches, it will probably want you that a plugin was missing....oh, make a backup of the project before trying to open it.

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:50 am

Espiegel123 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:00 pm
Rodolfo wrote:
Espiegel123 wrote:
In Settings, I’m the Storage and memory section, find the bs-16i app and choose “Offload”. The data will be kept around unlike if you delete the app. When Auria launches, it will probably want you that a plugin was missing....oh, make a backup of the project before trying to open it.
Sorry, I hadn’t understood what you meant by “offload”, now I get it. Thank you very much for your help.

I tried it, but unfortunately I got the same result. Maybe there’s another plugin (I can’t remember if I used any other AUv3 plugin) or maybe the offload procedure doesn’t help.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:11 pm

Rodolfo wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:50 am
Espiegel123 wrote:
Rodolfo wrote:

Sorry, I hadn’t understood what you meant by “offload”, now I get it. Thank you very much for your help.

I tried it, but unfortunately I got the same result. Maybe there’s another plugin (I can’t remember if I used any other AUv3 plugin) or maybe the offload procedure doesn’t help.
Have you tried restoring a different snapshot or backup (using the method described on the Audiobus Forum wiki) to see if one of them works?

Rodolfo
Expert

Post by Rodolfo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:07 pm

Espiegel123 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:11 pm
Rodolfo wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:50 am
Espiegel123 wrote:

Have you tried restoring a different snapshot or backup (using the method described on the Audiobus Forum wiki) to see if one of them works?
Yes I have, all of them, same crash on load.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:53 pm

Bummer.