Tracking out 7 channel live show into individual songs- how?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

coloradobenedic

Tracking out 7 channel live show into individual songs- how?

Post by coloradobenedic » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:14 pm

Hey all,

New to the forum here for the most part, so forgive me if there's a previous thread or documentation place that answers this question (and would love to be pointed in that direction if it exists!)...

So - my band recorded a show last week, a 7-channel mix that came out sounding pretty good. I've used Auria to mix and throw some reverb, EQ, compression, etc. where needed, and I like the way the project sounds as a whole. Now I'd like to cut the tracks into individual songs and tweak them from there.

What's the easiest way to do this? I'm having a hard time finding the appropriate option in any of the menus, although I have been able to figure out how to highlight the section I'd like to cut (and presumably would have to go one song at a time like that...)..

Can anyone shed some light! Love the app!

Phil999
Expert

Re: Tracking out 7 channel live show into individual songs-

Post by Phil999 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:41 pm

well the simplest way would be to cut the original recordings and save as snapshots, then mix each one.

Not sure if it's what you want.

coloradobenedic

Post by coloradobenedic » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:15 am

So for now I've realized that the "mixdown" menu option might be the one I'm looking for. At least, this allows me to export a .Wav of a locator-selected section of my overall files (a song's worth of the 7 tracks), so I can at least send some smaller, individual song files to band-mates.

Of course, this is coming as just a singular .Wav file and does not retain the individual tracks information for future mixing/effects. Is the Snapshot feature you mentioned how I would go about doing that?

I guess what I'm asking is - is there a way to copy sections from multiple channels' and paste/open them as a new Auria project, so I can make finite tweaks where necessary?

Hope this is making sense... thanks all!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Probably the easiest thing to do is to create 10 snapshots, then go to each one and trim your regions, so you only see the song you want.

In other words:

1. Create a snapshot before you do anything, name this "Original"
2. Trim all the regions so you only see song 1
3. Save this as a new snapshot, call it "song 1"
4. Load the Original snapshot
5. Trim all the regions so you only see the second song.
6. Save this as a new snapshot, call it "song 2"

and so on

Rim