Effects monitoring during recording

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Jim drums

Effects monitoring during recording

Post by Jim drums » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:22 pm

Hello, The vocalist that I record likes to here effects during recording. my set up is ipad 3 64g version 6.0.1 with a lexicon omega USB interface with auria version 1.6 I've tried setting the output matrix with no luck. I can see a input signal on the channel strip but no effect while monitoring. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. Great forum :D

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Effects monitoring during recording

Post by Rim » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:26 am

If you're just talking about monitoring effects, this should work at all times. Recording effects is different, and requires you to select the "record effects" option in the menu that pops up when you hold down the rec button on a track.

The only effect that's disabled completely during monitoring and recording is the convolution reverb. It's too processor intensive to run during recording or record monitoring. So if you're trying to use it for monitoring, I suggest using the ClassicVerb instead.

Rim

Jim drums

Re: Effects monitoring during recording

Post by Jim drums » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi, yes I am talking about only monitoring not recording. I can hear the effects only if I use say the Apogee i mic. Being that the Lexicon Omega is a stand alone interface I think I would have to insert a effects processor in the inserts on the mic input of the interface but then I maybe recording the effects also. Hopefully I am missing something but if not Auria is still the best mobile recording app on the market and hey just another reason to buy some more equipment. Thanks :)