New Auria Tutorial Videos from lynda.com

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Matt W
Expert

New Auria Tutorial Videos from lynda.com

Post by Matt W » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:11 pm

Online software training site, lynda.com, has recently added Auria to its library of tutorial videos. This is a subscription service, so while the full 2.5 hours of Auria coursework is only available to paid lynda.com members, there are still several cool public videos available in order to check out the full course, and they cover some really useful information. I'm including those free videos at the end of the post.

The full paid series goes fairly in-depth and includes topics like automation, crossfades, Audiobus, and importing video, and I believe they have a free trial period to check out these (and other!) tutorial videos. The full list of tutorials is available on the lynda.com site.

lynda.com's Course Description:
Auria is the first major digital audio workstation designed specifically for the Apple iPad, and in this course, author and professional musician Garrick Chow demonstrates how to use its recording, editing, and mixing tools to create great-sounding music. First, Garrick reviews the hardware you'll need to start capturing audio, from microphones to cables and input devices. He then demonstrates how to record anything from a single audio track to a complete multitrack capture of a live band performance. Once the recordings are done, he shows you how to edit them by adding splits and trims, as well as how to apply effects and use automation in creating a final mix. Lastly, Garrick reviews the options for exporting your project from Auria in several formats to share it with the world.
And check out the free tutorial videos:

Simultaneous multi-track recording:

Working with the PSP ChannelStrip:

Editing with Cut, Copy, and Paste:

Recording a track:
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

CSwinn

Re: New Auria Tutorial Videos from lynda.com

Post by CSwinn » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:55 pm

I signed up for a free seven day trial just watch these. Found it really helpful for some of the less intuitive functions of Auria. Also enjoyed quite a few other tutorials on mixing and mastering that they have.

The best though is the hour long Mark Mothersbaugh "creative inspirations" series. Some great stuff from a great mind.

http://youtu.be/_PObvNpXXaQ

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:21 pm

There are several that pop up in a Youtube search that you can watch for free.
Very well presented.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Brainback

Post by Brainback » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:02 am

I have just watched the full course on lynda.com. Very good indeed. It makes you realise what a beautiful piece of software aurea is. And how fun it is to use!

thedrumguy

Post by thedrumguy » Wed May 06, 2015 9:32 pm

Check with your local city library. Most of them have partnered with Lynda.com to offer free subscription with your library card.

Tovokas
Expert

Post by Tovokas » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:27 am

The tutorial has now been updated to cover Auria Pro. Very cool.

stromberg-carlson
Expert

indeed....

Post by stromberg-carlson » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:49 pm

thank you. i have a sub there so this will be a nice tut to watch whilst at the office.. :wink:

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:24 pm

Can anyone confirm that these AP tuts are using the latest version (2.03)? With the significant changes Rim made to the editing etc, I'd rather not bother if it is not current.

Cheers!

Tovokas
Expert

Post by Tovokas » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:48 pm

Looks to be pre-2.03, though the coverage inside the piano roll editor is pretty brief: only about 3 minutes where the new features would require different coverage. :)

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:11 pm

Tovokas wrote:Looks to be pre-2.03, though the coverage inside the piano roll editor is pretty brief: only about 3 minutes where the new features would require different coverage. :)
Thanks @Tovokas, I kinda suspected that. Moving on...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:04 pm

According to Lynda, they used Auria Pro 2.03 for the videos, so it's current.

Rim

Tovokas
Expert

Post by Tovokas » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:37 am

I apologize for the misinformation! Since he didn't cover any of the cool new features like volume drawing, I must have made assumptions and not payed close enough attention to the things he did show.

But as mentioned, even it was for version 2.0, this is great resource: a high quality presentation like just about everything on Lynda.com. (I also tracked down some nice coverage of ESX24 in a Logic Instruments tutorial that helped me understand what's happening when I prepare exs files for export to Auria...)