Auria's Midi Controllers.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

IPadArtist
Expert

Auria's Midi Controllers.

Post by IPadArtist » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:37 am

With Update 1.10 some of us will be controlling Auria and Auria's Fabfilter plug-ins via midi. Use this thread to post your midi controller, it's pro's & con's and mostly how well it works with Auria's midi control. Auria 1.10 introduces midi learn for all the Fabfilter plug-ins as well as Mackie HUI surface control and full MTC for controlling Auria's midi transport with midi chase lock. This is an exciting update as we are very close to full midi implementation. Good luck everyone.
Last edited by IPadArtist on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geronimo
Expert

Re: Auria's Midi Controllers.

Post by Geronimo » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:37 am

I'm thinking about buying the Arturia Minilab for synth and fx tweaking, could report back once i got it.

69strat
Expert

Post by 69strat » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:33 am

I picked up a Presonus FaderPort and an Akai MPK25, this is my first foray into MIDI, hoping it works!
I do mostly guitar oriented stuff, but I'm looking forward to having some fun with Magellan and various drum programs.

69strat
Expert

Post by 69strat » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:21 am

For those looking into the faderport:
An excerpt from SOS

The Faderport is compatible with all the commonly available DAWs for Mac OS X and Windows XP. It should be noted, though, that functionality is limited in some cases, depending on how the sequencer's own external control system works. Faderport supports Cubase/Nuendo, Digital Performer and Sonar 6 directly, whereas Logic, Pro Tools and other HUI-compatible DAWs work via the existing HUI protocol.

I tested the Faderport using Logic Pro, which is currently probably the least well supported of all the common DAWs, though the imminent (at the time of writing) Logic driver should improve this. No driver software is currently needed, as Faderport uses the HUI protocol to control Logic. So all you have to do is go to Control Surfaces Setup, select 'HUI' and then set the MIDI input and output ports to 'Faderport'.

Full article:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun07/a ... erport.htm

Dubhausdisco
Expert

Post by Dubhausdisco » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:48 am

Very excited about the Auria update as well- just to clarify, I've been controlling Beatmaker 2 (sans mute/solo) for over a year now with my mpd32.
dubhausdisco

iPad 3
iOS 7.0.4
Akai EIE
Auria 1.14

IPadArtist
Expert

Post by IPadArtist » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Dubhausdisco wrote:Very excited about the Auria update as well- just to clarify, I've been controlling Beatmaker 2 (sans mute/solo) for over a year now with my mpd32.
Cool I didn't know that. Can you control the transport and faders/pan? I left Beatmaker at the first version after I got Auria. Good to hear that, I will adjust my post to reflect this new info.

Dubhausdisco
Expert

Post by Dubhausdisco » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:16 pm

Yup, everything but mute/solo (unfortunately)
dubhausdisco

iPad 3
iOS 7.0.4
Akai EIE
Auria 1.14

IPadArtist
Expert

Post by IPadArtist » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Axiom 49 controls the transport but I have not got it to control the mixer yet. I still have some more tests to do but I'm thinking the Presonus Faderport or the Qone is in order.

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:28 am

Sad to say nothing for my Axion Air Mini 32 works.

IPadArtist
Expert

Post by IPadArtist » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:16 am

djjuniorpops wrote:Sad to say nothing for my Axion Air Mini 32 works.
I had to program the transport by assigning control 149 which sets up MMC then set the device ID# then set the Data 2 to the number representing play #2 and stop #3. Unfortunately Rim only included those 2 transport function for MMC but another user has reported that the FaderPort controls all the transport functions using Mackie HUI. The Fabfilter plugins simply get set up using midi learn which is very simple to set up as you don't have to do anything but move the knob when the learn is set to on in the plugin. Good luck with your set-up.

r3watson
Expert

Post by r3watson » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:31 pm

Just posted this in the Faderport thread, but wanted to share my results here also. With a powered USB hub, I was able to run Faderport, an external MIDI keyboard, and my Apogee Jam interface. Audiobus recording was fine, and audio via Apogee Jam had no latency issues. Wow, I am impressed!
-iPad 4 32gig/-iOS 9.1/-Auria Pro/-Apogee Jam/-Not jailbroken