Midi Clock issue

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Sinapsya
Expert

Midi Clock issue

Post by Sinapsya » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:14 pm

Send the Start but not the tempo to some apps, I try with:

BEATMAKER2: Is the only one that work good, send and receive Start and Tempo (make sure to activate in BM2 receiveMidiClock
GlitchBreaks: work good for some minutes and after don't work....some bug...

Thesys: send start but not tempo
Bassline: send tempo but not start
Cubasis: No start and No tempo
Alchemy: No start and No tempo
FunkBox: No start and No tempo

for now I try this apps....try other and update

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Midi Clock issue

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:26 pm

In our experience, iOS midi sync implementation is very poor in the iOS world. There are some exceptions, but we've found many problems with how other apps handle sync. It's really trial and error.

Note: Auria will send midi clock, but will not chase to it (but Auria chases to MIDI time code or MTC).

Rim

Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:32 pm

Beatmaker supports both sending and receiving clock, so it should sync to Auria (as it looks like you've seen).

As far as I know Cubasis doesn't work as a slave, either with clock or MTC, it only sends MIDI clock, so it won't sync to Auria.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

IPadArtist
Expert

Post by IPadArtist » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:59 pm

I have set my transport to the standard MMC values and the play which is set to 2 and stop set to 1 on my Axiom 49 but the rewind, fastforward or record won't respond. I can set any one of them to the number 1 or 2 and they will trigger the start stop but setting any other number does nothing. Is it only these two controls on the transport that are working or am I missing something?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:03 pm

We only implemented play and stop in the MMC protocol. We may add other transport controls in a future update, but these are the most commonly used ones.

Rim

IPadArtist
Expert

Post by IPadArtist » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:16 pm

Ok thanks for the info. Rewind or return to zero would be really handy since that is usually what I do after stoping play.
On another note it is really cool to control Fabfilters plugins with the midi learn especially those little outside wheels which are so hard to grab but now woth the midi control this is so easy to adjust. My only wish would be that we could see the values when adjusting via midi control. I can see the values if I use my finger but no values show when using the midi controller. I can see the master out volume settings on the plugins but that appears to be it. Very cool though, thanks for this great update.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:21 pm

Thanks. For any FabFilter related requests, I suggest posting on their own forum, as they don't follow this one as often.

Thanks,
Rim

IPadArtist
Expert

Post by IPadArtist » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:42 pm

Rim wrote:Thanks. For any FabFilter related requests, I suggest posting on their own forum, as they don't follow this one as often.

Thanks,
Rim
Ok will do. They have great support.