Saving projects to Dropbox

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

keeogan

Saving projects to Dropbox

Post by keeogan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi,
I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get my recordings onto Dropbox. Basically when I select "save project to DropBox" instead of the folder containing what you hear when you play the project in Auria, the folder contains lots of small audio files, each one containing a single region/track of the project as opposed to the project being played as it should sound. How do I fix this!? It's really frustrating me so feedback would be greatly appreciated.

brooks501
Expert

Re: Saving projects to Dropbox

Post by brooks501 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi

Are you saving the project or mixdown ?, if you select mixdown you get a choice of which type of file as in MP3, WAV etc then below that there is a choice for Dropbox, I use this all the time with no problems, sounds like you are saving the project.

Hope that helps.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:48 pm

What exactly are you trying to accomplish by saving to DropBox? If the goal is simply to backup your project (so you have a safe copy somewhere), you want to use Save Project to DropBox. That's what that function's for. If your goal is to have a mix down, so you can listen to your finished song on DropBox, then you want to use the MixDown function in Auria instead.

Rim

keeogan

Post by keeogan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:38 pm

Thanks a lot to both of you, your advice worked perfectly! I had no idea that's what I was doing wrong. Also thanks for replying so quickly.

Alex.