iOS synths

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

martygras
Expert

Re: iOS synths

Post by martygras » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:53 pm

syrupcore wrote:Cassini is actually a pretty monster synth. Editing goes deep deep. The presets do very little to display its power. Definitely check out the videos of their site for a few programming tips and I think the Sunsine presets are totally worth it.
Hey Syrupcore, you are right. Cassini is more powerful than I originally thought. Definitely a different animal than Thor or Nave etc.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:22 am

syrupcore wrote:For sounds, you have really have two (because you need these sound sources to be multitimbral): SampleTank + IAP or BS-16i + SoundFonts*. Sampletank is easier but is only four part multitimbral. BS16i is... wait for it... 16 part. :)

There are lots of great free soundfonts out there. http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/21900 and http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1200140 should get you started.
That's pretty awesome. I didn't even think about Soundfonts. Although i'll definitely buy the Miroslav Philharmonik add on for SampleTank soon, i'm very interested in trying out the stuff that you've linked us to. Seems like a whole new world to explore.

Much appreciated!

BlackBox
Expert

Post by BlackBox » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:03 pm

Addictive Synth is pretty sweet! Especially for the cost and Samplwiz and Geo. NLog midi to Thumbjam (and any number of the other) makes for some awesome guitar fun! Wavegenerator and WaveMapper are also really unique

G-master G
Expert

Post by G-master G » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:22 pm

@syrupcore,

I didn't respond initially to your post becuase I just didn't understand it but a bit of research over the weekend has made things a little clearer and I understand now what you are recommending. Thank you, I will investigate both avenues.

Cheers

Grant

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:13 am

@G-Master G: You don't need a multitimbral synth though. You can easily have several seperate synth Apps controlled through the same sequencer at the same time by using different MIDI channels.