Auria 1.12 Submitted to Apple

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

martygras
Expert

Re: Auria 1.12 Submitted to Apple

Post by martygras » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:02 pm

Rim wrote:Auria doesn't support synths or virtual instruments - only audio plugins, as it doesn't have any midi recording or playback capability. When we release the midi version, we'll definitely be talking with all the synth developers.

Rim
I see requests for features that I would probably never need or use, and I am hoping that Auria doesn't try to become the Reaper of iOS by implementing every request that comes across the forum. Maybe that sounds dumb, but I love Auria now because of the ease of use, and I'm hoping it won't become too complicated to use for my old feeble brain.

I also worry with every update, if my iPad 2 will still work? We'll see after iOS7 hits.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Auria will always be simple to use, yet powerful, no matter what features are added.

Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:08 am

martygras wrote:
I see requests for features that I would probably never need or use, and I am hoping that Auria doesn't try to become the Reaper of iOS by implementing every request that comes across the forum. Maybe that sounds dumb, but I love Auria now because of the ease of use, and I'm hoping it won't become too complicated to use for my old feeble brain.

I also worry with every update, if my iPad 2 will still work? We'll see after iOS7 hits.
Excuse me but having a Midi editor in Auria is not"every"request.It's THE request ;-)

@topic:great news,i was hoping for turnado in auria someday.Thanks!
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

donovanjaymz
Expert

Post by donovanjaymz » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:37 am

Rim wrote:When we release the midi version, we'll definitely be talking with all the synth developers.

Rim
I look forward to that day! I'm curious to know, are you the only programmer working on Auria? How big is your development and marketing team?

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:46 am

CEIsar wrote:
martygras wrote:

Excuse me but having a Midi editor in Auria is not"every"request.It's THE request ;-)

@topic:great news,i was hoping for turnado in auria someday.Thanks!
I guess I don't rely on midi as much as others. Besides, I wasn't referring to midi in that comment.

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:33 pm

I'm referring to midi. I don't use it that much at all for what I do, and I'm terrified of what it will introduce to my favorite DAW when it lands. Since it's taken this long we can assume it's a little complicated. Complexity usually brings bugs along with it. That being said, Rim has been amazing and I know their standard is high, so it will probably just make Auria awesomer. I'm just not drooling over MIDI the way some of the other guys are.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:11 pm

boone51 wrote:I'm referring to midi. I don't use it that much at all for what I do, and I'm terrified of what it will introduce to my favorite DAW when it lands. Since it's taken this long we can assume it's a little complicated. Complexity usually brings bugs along with it. That being said, Rim has been amazing and I know their standard is high, so it will probably just make Auria awesomer. I'm just not drooling over MIDI the way some of the other guys are.
I'm with ya on that Boone.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:30 pm

I'm sure when Rim releases Midi there will be some sort of choice on adding Midi ( maybe not wtf do I know lol)
But I could do with the help of midi now again and will Defo go for it when it comes :mrgreen:

donovanjaymz
Expert

Post by donovanjaymz » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:04 pm

MIDI is the essence of life itself. We all need a little MIDI in our lives...and Auria.