64 bit A7

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

boone51
Expert

64 bit A7

Post by boone51 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Obviously there aren't any official announcements yet about a new iPad but I would think we're past being reckless to assume this is what will power the new iPad when it's announced. What does it mean for Auria?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: 64 bit A7

Post by Rim » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:10 pm

It's hard to say until we get some new hardware to play with. Looking forward to it though!

Rim

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:09 pm

On discchord the developer consensus seemed to be "if you write any part of your code base in assembly, you'll see a speed bump" or at least you're in a better position to optimize for a bump. Is any of Auria in assembly? Any idea about the 3rd party plugins?

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:28 pm

So you're saying you can't make any comments about how your software will work on a theoretical piece of hardware that hasn't even been announced yet, much less released? Rubbish...

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:04 pm

A7 will be amazing for real time effects...amount of plugins...no need to make 3 mixes per song due to CPU overload...waaaoooooo!!!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:30 pm

This new iPad will have the same A7 chip as the new iPhone if history is correct. Except it will be an A7x for the iPad 5.

fusionarts
Expert

Post by fusionarts » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:15 pm

Has anybody heard if Apple plans to increase the ram, at least to 2gigs?
"In cordibus nostris Iesus in aeternum vivat"
“L i v e J e s u s i n o u r h e a r t s, f o r e v e r”
-----------------------------------------------------------
iPad Pro - 128GB - iOS 9.3 - Auria Pro

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:38 pm

fusionarts wrote:Has anybody heard if Apple plans to increase the ram, at least to 2gigs?
No that info will only come out after Sept 20 when the new iPhone is released for purchase. The geek world like MacBench will test the new iPhone 5s for it's speed and Ram size. They will be able to tell us if it has a Quad Core as Apple gave no real world info about the A7 at it's unvieling but they rarely anounce the speed other than 2x faster than the previous model in both cpu and grafix. Another gig of ram may not even be enough but it will have to be the minimum Apple adds to the new iPad as the competition is packing their units with more ram than Apple. The iPad speed usually exceeds that of the iPhone so whatever bench tests come back from the mew iPhone 5s, the new iPad 5 should be slightly faster. Cheers and I am very excited this fall as new architecture and operating software is being offered to us iPad users and the interesting apps and items that may be coming in the new year.

fusionarts
Expert

Post by fusionarts » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:04 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
fusionarts wrote:Has anybody heard if Apple plans to increase the ram, at least to 2gigs?
No that info will only come out after Sept 20 when the new iPhone is released for purchase. The geek world like MacBench will test the new iPhone 5s for it's speed and Ram size. They will be able to tell us if it has a Quad Core as Apple gave no real world info about the A7 at it's unvieling but they rarely anounce the speed other than 2x faster than the previous model in both cpu and grafix. Another gig of ram may not even be enough but it will have to be the minimum Apple adds to the new iPad as the competition is packing their units with more ram than Apple. The iPad speed usually exceeds that of the iPhone so whatever bench tests come back from the mew iPhone 5s, the new iPad 5 should be slightly faster. Cheers and I am very excited this fall as new architecture and operating software is being offered to us iPad users and the interesting apps and items that may be coming in the new year.
Thank you Anthony. As always you are a wealth of information. :)
"In cordibus nostris Iesus in aeternum vivat"
“L i v e J e s u s i n o u r h e a r t s, f o r e v e r”
-----------------------------------------------------------
iPad Pro - 128GB - iOS 9.3 - Auria Pro

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:21 pm

Yeah, a fount of knowledge, and a really nice guy too. Anthony, you are a swell egg.

Anthony, I get a lot of my Apple news from TUAW and iLounge. Do you (or anyone else) have any links to other respectable Apple news sources. I love reading the tech stuff, but not the speculators.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Shazamm
Expert

Post by Shazamm » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:22 am

Auria, now that they have inter app is the best app in the app store. the amazing quality and functionality is far superior to anything in the app store. I've spent over $800 on IOS apps and the 100 or so on Auria was worth it. (in app Purchases lol ). I can t wait for Ipad 5 since my son thrashed my ipad 2.

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:48 am

The IPad 5 is announced to be presented on the keynote on 22nd October 2013!!!
Hurry to know about it!!!!!!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:04 pm

What I think is so important for the new iPad 5th gen is more ram. Wth all the apps getting larger and the way music and video are pushing the iPad to it's limits we need more ram. The faster A7x will be more effective with at least 2gigs of ram. I hope Apple can see this and finally break the 1 gig mark and the iPad 5 is the perfect platform and the time is right.

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:22 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:What I think is so important for the new iPad 5th gen is more ram. Wth all the apps getting larger and the way music and video are pushing the iPad to it's limits we need more ram. The faster A7x will be more effective with at least 2gigs of ram. I hope Apple can see this and finally break the 1 gig mark and the iPad 5 is the perfect platform and the time is right.
You're definetely right Anthony... I am afraid they will keep the 5th ipad blocked at 1Go...I don't know...but it would be too many improvements in one time, I mean a new proc, the useless touch ID ( for music) maybe a new camera...
Time will tell and I really hope...

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:22 pm

Sadly, I doubt we'll see more RAM. 1 gig is plenty for 90% of the user base reading the web, watching Netflix and playing angry birds.