Numerous bug on 1.130 :(

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Numerous bug on 1.130 :(

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:04 pm

There are definitely issues with iMini. It's most likely something the iMini developers need to sort out.

Rim

Pwcayama

Post by Pwcayama » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Yep I have no doubt about that. The synth is awesome in sound and a piece of crap in every other way. It's midi is awful and it's as temperamental at best, I guess just like old synths. This over clocking or whatever it's called does happen with Nave and Magellan. Nave is a hog I know but Magellan less so. I'm not really bothered as Turnado and wow2 are excellent, despite pads yada yada. Now are you going to add Thesys to complete the Sugar apps as this would be banging.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:15 pm

Speaking of pretty, I got this amazing MS Paint looking make-over in Auria today: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xevs5m09qmp46 ... .52.03.png

Pwcayama

Post by Pwcayama » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:20 pm

That's beautiful. Like Picasso around the time he started to block everything up. Not far from Mondrian.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:27 pm

How'd you manage to get that to happen?

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:35 pm

It happened while I was loading various projects (before I knew about the icon bug) stress testing the RAM, Auria showed 7mb of RAM left and I added the THM plugin which is quite RAM hungry just to see what would happen, loaded a few presets inside that, and finally got the above master piece. I did manage a screen dump before it crashed tho :P

HoldernessMedia

Post by HoldernessMedia » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:58 pm

Hello, I am the developer of Echo Pad. In looking through this thread I see a lot of IAA related confusion and issues.
I posted some tips for Inter-App Audio below, please read these for a smoother experience. These tips apply universally to all IAA apps.

Inter-App Audio Tips

Using Auxiliary Sends for IAA effects:
- Inter-app audio apps can only load one instance at a time, so if your host has auxiliary sends you might want to use Echo Pad in an auxiliary channel.
This allows you to apply Echo Pad's effects in parallel, effecting multiple tracks in your mixer by adjusting each track's corresponding Aux send level. This also happens to be a classic mixing technique for delay and reverb effects.

Freeze Tracks:
- To conserve CPU power as well as being able to apply different effects to individual tracks, consider freezing tracks to bounce down the audio in place where available. Auria allows you to freeze tracks with the effects applied.

Use larger buffer sizes when recording while monitoring effects on less powerful iOS devices:
- When using an app such as Auria to record while monitoring through Echo Pad and other IAA effect apps, you should try using a recording buffer size of 512 frames or higher on less powerful devices such as the iPad 2/iPad Mini.
This will minimize chances of audio glitching/stuttering and other problems on older, less powerful devices.

Avoid "stuck" IAA apps and crashes:
- To avoid Echo Pad and other Inter-App Audio apps becoming "stuck" and hidden in the background, please remove them from tracks and close the app completely when you are done using them. This prevents the app from being connected but hidden in the background, which can cause problems and crashes when you try to load the app in another channel or project.

What to do if Echo Pad or another IAA app becomes "stuck" in the background:
- If Echo Pad or any other IAA app becomes stuck and hidden in the background, leaving it unable to connect to a new IAA host or channel, don't panic! Simply take the following steps to fix the issue.

1.) Launch the app directly from it's home screen/folder in iOS by tapping it's icon.

2.) Once the app has come to the foreground, close it, then remove it from the multi-task bar by double tapping the home button, then swiping the app upwards to remove it completely.

3.) You should now be able to load the IAA app in your host.
Christopher Rice
@HoldernessMedia
http://www.holdernessmedia.com

xine44
Expert

Post by xine44 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:34 am

@ChrisG

Ok, create a new auria's project, launch iaa app by the auria's fx menu, not outside of auria, then all run's fine !
Thank's

Jo Torkel
Expert

Post by Jo Torkel » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:57 am

Im not shure if this is a bug or some kind of rookie mistake: There is no output from my guitar when I play with the background tracks without recording. I plug in via my One and press the record button on the channel. I hear the guitar in my earphones. I then press play and hear the other tracks, but the guitar goes mute. I have to record to listen to myself play to the bacgroudtracks (press the channel and main record button and play button). This is kind of annoying beacause I want to practise without recording.

PS. I love Auria.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:25 am

Hi Jo, it could be a setting in Auria

Gotto to Menu. Settings then at the bottom of the screen press the record tab.

Then at the bottom of the list.
auto input monitor. Should be off

Try that :wink:

Jo Torkel
Expert

Post by Jo Torkel » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:01 am

Thank you! That worked. No bug, just lack of skills :?

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:17 am

:mrgreen: ha ha that's ok , I couldn't find to switch it on when I needed it and had to ask 8)

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:08 am

ChrisG wrote:Speaking of pretty, I got this amazing MS Paint looking make-over in Auria today: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xevs5m09qmp46 ... .52.03.png
I experienced this last night running latest iOS and version of Auria on iPad 2. Using multiselect on about 12 regions, each on its own track, then tapping split all created the graphic. The app crashed a few seconds later. When I reopened it, some of my regions weren't aligned properly.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:58 am

Like with all obscure bugs, if anyone is able to duplicate this reliably, please either send me the project or let me know exactly how to make it happen. As soon as I can duplicate an issue here, I can fix it quickly.

Thanks,
Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:23 am

15 tracks, do a split all. Go down a few bars, split all again. The edit screen turns into Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds. Seems to happen every time. I'm also getting stuttering when I'm using the channel strip EQ. playback stutters when disable the bands and/or the EQ itself. I'm not talking about bypassing the entire strip. I'm using iPad 2, latest Auria 1.14, and iOS 7.0 (or the one that was released prior to 7.0.3. I've also had several times when I was getting a mic signal in but no audio out with a condenser and a 2i2. The only way to fix that is to close Auria and reopen. For me and my iPad 2, Auria was much smoother and a lot more stable prior to iOS 7.