StepPolyArp into Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ttaylorsaxe
Expert

StepPolyArp into Auria

Post by ttaylorsaxe » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:57 am

Hi All,
I have been using StepPolyArp to drive instruments into Auria using both IAA and AudioBus. There is no problem monitoring the sound going in. When I push record, however, all sound ceases. When I turn off record, sound returns and only silence has been recorded. The problem seems to be between StepPolyArp and Auria, as I can record using Poly and Gestrument.
I just tried Nave, iSEM, and 4 channels of SampleTank on an iPad "4" and everything monitored fine, but as soon as I pushed record...no sound. There is no memory warning or crash, just silence until record is turned off. Rim, if you have StepPolyArp will you give it a look? The Developer of StepPolyArp doesn't have Auria so he can't check on his end.
Thanks as always,
T

Rim
Site Admin

Re: StepPolyArp into Auria

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:34 am

This is commonly caused by apps that don't like buffer sizes to change (or don't like large buffer sizes). Auria changes it's buffer size depending on whether you're playing or recording. During playback, it uses 4096, which is a large buffer size some apps don't like.

To avoid this problem, use Audiobus mode in Auria's settings. This forces Auria to always use 512 as a buffer size. The convolution reverb is disabled, and CPU usage goes up however when using this mode.

Remember to kill Auria and all other apps after turning on this mode. It works the next time you start Auria.

Rim

ttaylorsaxe
Expert

Post by ttaylorsaxe » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:04 am

Hi Rim,
I'll try that. Thanks for the response!
T

ttaylorsaxe
Expert

Post by ttaylorsaxe » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:20 am

Well, I put Auria in Audiobus mode, shut it down, restarted and the same thing happened; Good clear signal being monitored from iSEM into channel 1 being driven by StepPolyArp, press record and no sound with silence recorded, turn off record and good sound comes back. Would you please see if you can get StepPolyArp to record an instrument into Auria? Thanks, again,
T

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:54 am

I think I misunderstood your setup. When you say iSEM is being driven by StepPolyArp, do you mean via midi? What if you eliminated StepPolyArp from the equation? If you put Auria in record mode, then switch to SEM1, do you hear audio?

If you have the developer of StepPolyArp get in touch with me, I'll be glad work together to solve this.

Thanks,
Rim

ttaylorsaxe
Expert

Post by ttaylorsaxe » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:00 am

Without StepPolyArp everything works a dream. Poly and Gestrument both work to drive instruments as well. I'll email the Developer. Thanks for looking into it!

ttaylorsaxe
Expert

Post by ttaylorsaxe » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:16 pm

So, once I set the Receive and Send midi clock in the midi menu of Auria to StepPolyArp, everything recorded perfectly! Thanks to Laurent, the StepPolyArp developer, and Rim!