new to auria!! anybody using overloud thm?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

vejichan
Expert

new to auria!! anybody using overloud thm?

Post by vejichan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:07 pm

hi all.

I'm new to auria. i know jamup is an add-on but i already own Jam up b4 buying auria... is it possible to use it? or do i have to buy it again?

martygras
Expert

Re: new to auria!! anybody using overloud thm?

Post by martygras » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:06 pm

If you own Jam-up separately the you'll have to use it through Audiobus still. (or buy the Auria IAP)
I'm hoping they will do what Sugarbytes did, and allow owners of the standalone versions to access the IAP for free.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:06 pm

Jam up works great through Audiobus with Auria
The trouble with the IAP' version is that it's the basic version so not sure how this would work if Rim & co make Auria recognize if you're already have the stand along version and brought upgrades

What I'd do is stick with your stand along jam up and use it with Audiobus (maybe Jamup r planning IAA which would be good) then also buy Overloud Iap in Auria as that Rocks a very good alrounder

Will also say that the plug PianoVerb brings the dull sounding Jamup & Amplitude to life (especially distorted sounds )

And the PSP delay free with Auria sounds like a boss delay dd3
But it needs to be after the reverb in the effects strip to sound right which is strange but good :mrgreen:

IMHO 8)

Stewartludwig
Expert

Post by Stewartludwig » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:51 pm

My 2 cents,
Overloud THM is actually my favourite guitar app for the ipad. I purchased it via Auria in app purchase and the actual modeling / tones that you can create I find are far more realistic than Amplitube ( for example). Anyhow I have most all the guitar apps and use the Irig HD for my input.

To bad line 6 don't have a usable app for most people's digital inputs. Trying to force there hardware on us is to much. (And I already own quite a few Line 6 standalone products).

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:28 am

I went and brought the line 6 sonic port as I see a secondhand one on eBay for a good price (Already own an apogee) plus mobile pod is free so thought what the heck :wink:

It's a nice bit of kit & I cant tell a difference between the apogee and the Sonic both very good
The sonic has its own dedicated headphone socket plus a stereo out jack as well which could come in handy

Overloud sounds more trebly when using the sonic headphone socket the treble and presence controls seem much more responsive ,but if you use the ipad headphone out sounds just the same as the apogee

One thing the apogee does have in its favour is the ability to fine tune the input of the instrument plugged into it

I'm with Ludwig as well Overloud is my favourite also For what it's costs it's a must have

Was getting some great sounds out of Ampkit with the Ad 480 pro reverb via Audiobus last night as well
some lovely bluesy reverbs couldn't put my guitar down :D

Hoping to try the ad 480 with overloud shortly :twisted:

The one thing these guitar plugs lack is a good reverb apart from THM that's probably why it's the best sounding
Wtf do I know tho it's all personal tastes at the end of the day

vejichan
Expert

Post by vejichan » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:54 am

Cool what r some other cool add ons and apps that u guys use for playing and recording metal or rock guitars

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:50 am

I have AmpliTube, AmpKit, and JamUp Pro XT as standalones with almost all the IAPs and the THM plugin. I find uses for all of them, but I use THM almost all the time because I like to track my guitars in mono. AudioBus turns everything into stereo, and then I have to use another app called Hokusai to convert to mono. If I had to roll with one, it'd be THM. I don't play metal, though. JamUp has some crazy high gain sounds. Positive Grid is releasing another guitar app called BIAS this month. Here's a promo clip that doesn't really have much substance but is still cool to watch.

http://youtu.be/hYOcwl3NOf8

DFiasco

Post by DFiasco » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:15 am

I've been very curious about THM, as well. I have Jamup, but as mentioned above, it seems to specialize in really high gain tones. I'm much more on the low to mid-gain spectrum in my tastes and finding iOS modeling that sounds good to me has been a challenge. I like the amps available from the Amplitube Fender edition, but it just doesn't sound that great, IMO.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:21 pm

I brought amplitude fender last week as it were on offer and quite frankly wish I didn't its pants really bad sounding

You'll love THM for clean to mid gains

My stile is anything from Knopfler to Satriani and THM just does the job no probs

OVERLOUD has three lots of amps on offer

A clean section
Mid gain section
Then hi gain
With hi gain the noise gate pedal is tops
You can choose something like 6 different mics cabs etc

In fact it's a bargain 8)