My 500th Post is a Live Video of Auria & iPad Air

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

My 500th Post is a Live Video of Auria & iPad Air

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:55 am

Wow this is my 500th post on the forum. Thanks everyone for listening and being so helpful. I posted my 500th post on Youtube to share my new experience with my iPad Air. This video demonstrates how Auria can now handle multiple synths at the same time and record them at the same time triggered by a sequencer without Audiobus/ A total of 8 major apps are used to produce this live video. Part 2 and 3 that I am working on tonight will show Auria with 32 plugins over 8 tracks without being frozen and the 3 rd video is me taking the iPad into the red using Auria. Cheers everyone and I hope you like my new video look. I have been working hard at this for months just to do justice to Auria as its such a beautiful app.
heres the link to video number one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V50_MjrFnec

Shay
Expert

Re: My 500th Post is a Live Video of Auria & iPad Air

Post by Shay » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:19 am

Congratulation Anthony for your 500 and great post.

When I saw you recording all the apps at once I was saying to myself "WOW, the iPad and Auria became very powerful".
Each step drives this platform closer to the professional recording studio league.

I'm sure Apple will solve the last barrier, the memory soon and the sun will shine even brighter on our music production.

Thanks again.
Shay

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:33 am

Congrats Anthony, and nice video!

Rim

ajmack302
Expert

Post by ajmack302 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:45 am

Nice one Anthony, looking forward to parts 2 & 3. I have a feeling they may encourage me to upgrade to the Air.

Cheers

Aaron

Coopmusic247
Expert

Post by Coopmusic247 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:04 am

I've almost finished my second album on my iPad 2 and using all the synths and such has been such a hassle, though quite needed. Auria hasn't given any real problems at all, just the CPU on this pad. I'm looking forward to the upgrade myself. Auria, you'll be right there with me.

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:26 am

Good stuff, Anthony! Thanks for taking the time to make this for us!

Regards,
phil.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:24 am

I just woke up and to see all the great responses just reminds me of how much this is really like one big Auria family. Thanks everyone. I look forward to my 1000th post sometime next year and I wonder what I will be demoing then. Cheers and thanks Rim and WavemachineLabs team Tracey, Chris, Matt.
~~_/)~~~

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:23 pm

Nice video, Anthony. Thanks much for all your work. This video and ALL of your contributions are much appreciated.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks Anthony, really good video prod & sound. And gotta say videos like these are so much better then your typical demo videos, that most people/companies do, with text instead of someone actually talking you through what's happening on screen. Looking forward the next videos!

(Can you do some pinching/zooming around with a bunch of tracks in the edit window? I haven't gotten my air yet so I'm curious about how the edit window behaves)

--------------

Edit: About the RAM I general....All the six IAA apps graphics, those aren't actually loaded at the same time in the RAM right? When you scroll through the multitask switcher and choose Magellan or Nave for example, it doesn't instantly work but shows the multitask screenshot until the app assets are loaded back into the RAM again,? I noticed when you switched back to Auria the RAM went way back up, probably from unloading the graphical assets on the IAA app you switched back from (?). I'm just curious here that's all, since IAA allows not loading the graphical assets of all the apps into RAM which in turn will allow much more synths and effects running in the background then would otherwise be possible with only 1 GB RAM. Hm hope all that made sense, had a long day lol

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:06 pm

I'm just....making this my 350th post....Taadaa! Ok I'm done.

Peanutcram
Expert

Post by Peanutcram » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:49 pm

Hey Anthony,
you are my Super Hero! I am impressed as I dont even get one App under my control...
Thx & rock on

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:56 pm

Thanks for the great video.. Just convinced me to put the ipad air on my Christmas wishlist :D

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:24 pm

Excellent video Anthony. I'm still about a year away from my next iPad upgrade, but it's great to see what's possible with Auria and the iPad Air. Thank you for all the help, advice, and encouragement you've provided. Here's to the next 500.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:25 am

Thanks again everyone. Yes ChrisG I will do a video on performance rather than capacity. If there is anything in partucular you want to see other than what you mentioned please let me know. I am glad someone noticed the look and sound of the video. I spent months working on that issue. It's pouring rain right now so I will likely be in the studio all day and I hope to complete the remaining videos. Cheers again everyone. ~~_/)~~~

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:03 am

Hi Anthony,
I'm curious to see the performance with my normal use of Auria: 16 Stereo Tracks with 2 or more Fabfilter Plugins, plus Conolution Reverb on AUX 1 ….
If you take a time, please, can make another video.
I hope you can :)