recording w/ampkit link on auria!

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

vejichan
Expert

recording w/ampkit link on auria!

Post by vejichan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:18 pm

ok i know it's better to use a HD audio interface that uses the lightning cable but i'm poor and all i have at this time is the ampkit link which goes into the headphone jack.

any advice on getting the best/most quiet signal and minimizing cross talk from the ampkit link when recording?

i have done these things.

1) close all apps
2) set ipad mini to airplane mode
3) close all the windows and doors to my room to maximize isolation
4) making sure the in/out and recording meters aren't peaked

anything else...

Raider-X

Re: recording w/ampkit link on auria!

Post by Raider-X » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:09 pm

I've done several high quality recordings with a cheap irig by following a few important steps.....you gotta record at a super low level and be in a super quiet place so you can hear the underlying audio trax and you have to very confident in what you are playing to the point that you don't need to hear yourself recording .....as a guitarist this is easier to do..this effectively cuts out the cross talk by keeping it super low on each track. But yeah, upgrade as soon as you can because it gets old fast....lol. Limiting your gain at recording helps too....you can increase afterwords and it doesn't sound bad....thanx.

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:25 pm

That. Just to back it up: the single best thing you can do is to turn your headphones down to as low as you can possibly go. Also, if you have 10 tracks but only really need to monitor two to lay your part down, mute the others. If you can get away with muting any transient heavy stuff (like drums), even better.

vejichan
Expert

Post by vejichan » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:22 pm

So what you guys mean is record guitars at really low volumes?

Remnant60

Post by Remnant60 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:53 am

I have an ampkit that is in the back of the closet now...it was just too noisy to use even in it's own app.
I'd suggest biting the bullet and at least get an iRig interface, I've been a lot happier with it.