Odd Time Signatures

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

plinio.andrade

Odd Time Signatures

Post by plinio.andrade » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:25 am

Hi staff. I have searched for information on writing to Auria at different bars in the same project. Someone already do that? Example: 4/4, 5/4, 4/4, 6/8?

thanks in advanced.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Odd Time Signatures

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:42 am

Auria doesn't support more than one time signature or tempo in the same project, but this is something that the upcoming midi version will feature.

Rim

drock
Expert

Post by drock » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:39 am

So, the album that I'm writing has a lot of this so to get it to work I actually used a metronome app outloud on my iPhone and recorded it using the iPads built in mic...had to lay down a few tracks of just click and it got tricky of when to hit the start and stop on the phone but it worked! I actually have a short clip of this in the contest video called Creating the Album. It sounds crazy but it worked

oraclesound

Post by oraclesound » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:41 pm

This function is also critical to what I do in recording. I start with a full sequenced click track just in case there are any time changes or tempo changes. In the past I used Cakewalk because it was easy. I then import the Midi file into PT to do the recording. I would like to do something similar with Auria.

Is there an approximate date for this "midi version"?

Thanks for making a really awesome iOS music recording app. I did my first trial run including an AAF import from PT. Sounds great!