Praying for MIDI in auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

starfugger
Expert

Praying for MIDI in auria

Post by starfugger » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:25 pm

Oh please oh please oh please have midi (with scale on keys and piano roll) in Auria on the next update...

Bought cubasis last night. Lots of things to love about it too, but my heart belongs to auria because i can make things sound good on here. I wish auria could have a genome style split screen keyboard and piano roll, when you press a key, you see the note on the piano roll. Selectable scale too. Id just love to be able program parts, send to instrument, print onto another audio track in auria, then disable or set aside the midi track like in pro tools' hide and disable track.

One can hope!

tensixtysix
Expert

Re: Praying for MIDI in auria

Post by tensixtysix » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:05 pm

Members of the same church.
Amen to that.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:38 pm

it would be great if some top vsti synths were available too via IAP when the midi the comes out.

donovanjaymz
Expert

Post by donovanjaymz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:06 pm

One of the things that discourages me from using my iPad for serious music production is all this in-app audio and audiobus stuff. I hate flipping between apps! If Auria can reach a level where all the VSTi, MIDI sequencing, and recording options are self-contained, I'm sold. Until then, I will continue to sit on the sidelines and wait.

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:49 pm

donovanjaymz wrote:One of the things that discourages me from using my iPad for serious music production is all this in-app audio and audiobus stuff. I hate flipping between apps! If Auria can reach a level where all the VSTi, MIDI sequencing, and recording options are self-contained, I'm sold. Until then, I will continue to sit on the sidelines and wait.
It's wild to hear someone else's perspective sometimes. The things you listed are the reasons I love making music on my iPad. It started with Audiobus (thank god for audiobus) and has matured into IAA. I am solely using IAA now for my music in Auria and I absolutely love it. Different strokes, I guess.

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:45 pm

boone51 wrote:
donovanjaymz wrote:One of the things that discourages me from using my iPad for serious music production is all this in-app audio and audiobus stuff. I hate flipping between apps! If Auria can reach a level where all the VSTi, MIDI sequencing, and recording options are self-contained, I'm sold. Until then, I will continue to sit on the sidelines and wait.
It's wild to hear someone else's perspective sometimes. The things you listed are the reasons I love making music on my iPad. It started with Audiobus (thank god for audiobus) and has matured into IAA. I am solely using IAA now for my music in Auria and I absolutely love it. Different strokes, I guess.
Agreed, boone51. Audiobus was a breakthrough and IAA is the logical successor. Please do not take this the wrong way, donovanjaymz, but your reasons for hating ipad for music seems illogical. "flipping between apps" is no different to opening a VSTi or other plug in in any DAW and then closing it out and going back to your main sequencing screen.
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:49 pm

sodium wrote:
boone51 wrote:
Agreed, boone51. Audiobus was a breakthrough and IAA is the logical successor. Please do not take this the wrong way, donovanjaymz, but your reasons for hating ipad for music seems illogical. "flipping between apps" is no different to opening a VSTi or other plug in in any DAW and then closing it out and going back to your main sequencing screen.
All your words are right, but there are some more problems to solve on iOS music workflow, specially on IAA and Virtual midi

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:57 pm

when everything is self contained inside an app it does make it more robust and coherent. Especially for work flow and making backup of projects.

Nano studio is made this way and is pretty slick and very useable because of this.

If Auria can move towards this in someway by having a lot of onboard fx and synths then I think the increased usability and stability could make it 'the' platform for pro audio devs to work with. Bit like the pro-tools of iOS.

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:19 pm

ios music app development is PRETTY FAST. How long has it been since audiobus and look where we are now. I think the issue is more on the hardware side of things. If the hardware can handle it, the devs will find a way to give our heart's desires. But as of the moment, even the ipad air is still limited. Try it, you might find yourself creating more on the pad :) there's this immediate gratification here that i havent experienced elsewhere. I really think you can produce polished mixes from it.

Shazamm
Expert

Post by Shazamm » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:18 am

Midi would be nice but IAP is amazing and will only get better. Auria is the best thing I could have asked for. Pro tools in my hand no pun intended. Auria is the iOS standard. I'm a fanboy and will open the hip hop world to an amazing tool for 50 bucks lol.

Bog music

Post by Bog music » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:30 am

I love Rim's work so I am happy to wait until he gets it how he wants it before releasing
I know it will be amazing and a joy to work with
In the mean time I do my stuff on a MacBook Pro and a custom PC using Reason and Digital Performer.
Believe me, once you have your head around making those two play nice, inter app audio is a snitch
Only problem with that is every time I see a little red dot on my Ipad.... time stops as I nervously check to see if Auria is waiting to be upgraded!

Shazamm
Expert

Post by Shazamm » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:13 pm

I think it's crazy to hear how people compare fun apps like nano studio to pro apps like Auria. Pro Tools is the industry standard DAW in the laptop desktop world. They own it. Auria is the same fir IOS. Cubasis is cute for beat making for musicians, Auria is magic for magicians.

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:38 pm

Very well described !!!
Nano studio is a toy compared to Auria...
Back to the topic, I have confidence in Rim, sure he will deliver quality, as he always did...
I am impatient but very patient also... (;O)

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:51 pm

vezinho wrote: Nano studio is a toy compared to Auria...
The Eden Synth in Nanostudio is the main reason why I use an iPad and not a computer.

But I will be pleased if Auria gets midi, for sure!

Dominic

Shazamm
Expert

Post by Shazamm » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:00 pm

Dont get me wrong Nanostudio opened my eyes but i never used anything from Nanostudio outside of playing around. Auria i use daily mixing down bouncing out IAA the Mixer channel alone. But to stay on point midi would be a great addition along with real vst. Im a producer of many genres of music and i have dreamed not to be tied down to a studio. Midi would make it so i dont really need to use any other app. Quantizing is a big part of my end result. not sure if Auria already has that feature? Anyone?