Jamup keeps crashing :(

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

starfugger
Expert

Jamup keeps crashing :(

Post by starfugger » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:48 pm

As the title says, JU keeps crashing everytime i load it. Reinstalling JU didnt fix it. Does that mean i gotta reinstall auria again? Wish auria can keep session files even if u delete the main app so reinstalling isnt too hard.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Jamup keeps crashing :(

Post by Rim » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:32 am

This can happen if the Jam Up download didn't finish properly. Go to the Auria store, and click the button to repurchase Jam Up again. Apple won't charge you twice, since you already own it. Make sure the download completely finishes (it's a long download). Then, restart Auria, and Jam Up should work.

Rim

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:03 am

Hi rim, ive reinstalled jam up so many times but auria still crashes upon loading jamup. Any ideas please? Thanks.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:21 pm

Are you using the jamup plugin or the stand alone? I'm using the stand alone , the new update is awesome, now it has IAA and works perfectly. I thought about getting the plugin but I had already bought the standalone and every iap. Anyway if you're using the stand alone it might be fixed by the time you read this, they had an update a few days ago but I didn't try it after the update and another today, usually another update a few days later means it was a bug that had to be fixed ASAP.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:18 pm

Im using the plug in, which i realuze now was a mistake to purchase. I really don't care for getting a dry guitar signal. When it's guitars i usually just wanna commit to tape. Now it isn't working anymore (since reinstallung auria because turnado doesnt show up when ipurchased it weeks ago).

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:53 am

Are you sure that the Jam Up files are being downloaded? You'll see a progress bare that says "Downloading", which should last a few minutes after you purchase Jam Up. Make sure this happens.

Rim

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:04 am

Yes, Rim, i'm quite sure it reaches "download complete". The download does take a while, But it takes so fast to "uncompress file". Sometimes it doesnt even do that. It just crashes after calling up JU. then upon restarting auria, i see that uncompressing file message, but only briefly. Calling up JU once more crashes auria. I've downloaded over 10 times already.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:56 pm

OK, I think there might be another zip file that Auria is trying to uncompress that's causing it to quit. Check to see if there are any zip files in your Documents folder, and delete them before trying again (use a program like iFunBox). Otherwise, the solution is to completely delete Auria, and re-install it. This should clear up the problem for sure.

Rim

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:27 pm

Will check it out. Or maybe just wait for the update. The update will fix this issue, won't it?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Probably not. If I can't duplicate something, it's hard for me to fix it. I may eventually discover the reason this happened ;)

Rim

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:55 pm

It might have something to do with installing other music apps. It used to work fine, then it no longer did. After installing new apps, maybe. But i couldnt trace which because i keep trying new apps.

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:41 am

I've noticed that the "decompressing files" message disappears before Auria finishes decompressing them. Try walking away for 10 minutes or so after you see the "decompressing files" message. Hope this helps.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:42 pm

supanorton wrote:I've noticed that the "decompressing files" message disappears before Auria finishes decompressing them. Try walking away for 10 minutes or so after you see the "decompressing files" message. Hope this helps.
Yes yes. Would be nice to have the warning until all was DL'ed and uncompressed completely.
Also would be nice to be able to select individual IAP's under restore purchases.

I decided I don't want (didn't like/don't need) the "Bonus" pack and some other libs such as the drum loops, so it would be awesome to save some space on my new iPad Air 128gb.
:mrgreen:
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:18 pm

Thanks supanorton. Will try that and post results.

manfredloe

Post by manfredloe » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:47 am

Hi,
I try to use Jamup Pro (latest update) as an insert/IAA-App on an audio track - but it "mutes" the sound.
It works as an audiobus-app, though. I guess it´s my fault - but I have no ida, what is wrong.
Any help is appriciated.
Manfred