Ipad air happy but sad

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Re: Ipad air happy but sad

Post by mrufino1 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:03 pm

Think of it like this (maybe): a compressor on an individual instrument would be to control dynamics on that instrument. On a bus compressor, you're trying to glue a bunch of sounds together a little bit. I said maybe though, because people use compressors for tone sometimes as well. There's not really any rules. Sometimes you don't want to even out dynamics either, so you may choose to not compress something- if everything is the same volume all the time then music is boring!

As far as parallel goes, I was saying that the compressors on the buses (including master) have the parallel option whereas the channel compressors don't. The fxpansion channel comp does have a mix knob though (as does the bus comp). Parallel is used a lot, to even out a sound but still leave dynamics. Sometimes it's helpful, sometimes not.

As far as my reverb point, I do that only because auria only has two aux buses. If it had more I may not do it. Then again, printing those reverbs makes me commit somewhat, so that's good too. You'll figure out what works for you.

I suggest watching or listening to pensado's place every week, and listening to home recording show podcast, recording lounge, audionowcast, sonic talk, and anything else you can get your ears on. Kenny Gioia has some cool mixing tutorials on groove3.com, and mike senior's book on mixing in a project studio is awesome. So is mixerman's zen ad the art of mixing. And tapeop magazine. And on an on... Ha! It's an obsession and every time you learn more you realize you know less than you thought!

rocdok
Expert

Post by rocdok » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:44 pm

Thanks I have both the books and am already overwhelmed with those plus the new synthesizer by M Vale, and dance music one by Snoman plus, what, about 30 manuals on all the top apps and inserts plus Lynda.com. I'm a full time physician and have a car detailing business on the side ( plus gym etc) and it all gonna kill me......my personality is gonna kill me,me, that is. I'll put those bits of advice aside but appreciate it.

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:29 am

Ha! Very cool. I'm a social worker and I provide in home services, so lots of car time to listen to podcasts, much better than radio!
Oh, and if you saw a guy adjusting an auria mix on his iPad while stopped at a traffic light, that wasn't me...

rocdok
Expert

Post by rocdok » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:50 am

Haha....nice. I did hear that podcast channel completely by fluke once a few years ago before I decided to do this stuff. Kinda ironic the one cast i randomly pick is related.

Shazamm
Expert

Post by Shazamm » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:34 am

This Forum I must say is very helpful Rim And guy like Anthony are very informative and is the reason I bout an iPad air and Auria. Super Auria fanboy. Starting my own Auria in
hip hop YouTube page.