Stereo Separation Plugin?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

midwinter
Expert

Stereo Separation Plugin?

Post by midwinter » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:37 pm

Which is the best plugin for getting some stereo separation?

Spud
Expert

Re: Stereo Separation Plugin?

Post by Spud » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:52 pm

Do you mean adding some width/size to individual instruments that are too narrow in the mix?

midwinter
Expert

Post by midwinter » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:59 pm

Not just to individual instruments, but a general kind of "broadening" of the whole mix. I'm assuming that there's a plugin that can handle this; I'm just not seeing it described. I suppose that my question is really "what plugin do folks use for enhancing the stereo effect?"

Spud
Expert

Post by Spud » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:12 am

Aside from using really short convolution reverb on individual tracks to get some size, you could try this app on the final mix
https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/audio-m ... 15541?mt=8

I haven't tried it and it's obviously not a native Auria plugin, so I can't comment on how well it works.

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:19 am

Stereo delays, stereo chorus and reverb go a long way to a big stereo sound if used right. Pro Q EQ of mid and sides is also helpful. Lastly, mixing techniques such as hard panning don't hurt.

RobB
Expert

Post by RobB » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:11 am

This?
https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/stereo- ... 54067?mt=8

Haven't tried it, has had some good comments.
iPad Air / 128 | iOS 7.1 | Apogee Duet | Auria 1.14 | Cubasis 1.7.2
Learning to play drums

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:11 am

PsP makes a Stereo Enhancer and I have requested that they port those tools over to Auria. I did hear back some time ago and they said they will consider it if they receive enough interest. So send a request to PsP to make this plugin available to Auria users. However there is an app by a major developer that I currently am beta testing that has this and all the mastering tools you need to create a polished mix. Available in a couple of weeks from now and is Audiobus and IAA compatible. Cheers.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:21 pm

Have you tried the Stereo designer app
It's pretty good :D and very easy to use

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:36 pm

Spud wrote:Aside from using really short convolution reverb on individual tracks to get some size, you could try this app on the final mix
https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/audio-m ... 15541?mt=8

I haven't tried it and it's obviously not a native Auria plugin, so I can't comment on how well it works.
Yes Audiomastering is a good app for it, it's a pretty good app for stereo separation and overall mastering as far as the ipad goes, I'm not knocking it compared to desktop apps either. Plus the last update added muktiband compression , really nice.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

midwinter
Expert

Post by midwinter » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:59 am

I'll keep an eye out!
Anthony Alves wrote:PsP makes a Stereo Enhancer and I have requested that they port those tools over to Auria. I did hear back some time ago and they said they will consider it if they receive enough interest. So send a request to PsP to make this plugin available to Auria users. However there is an app by a major developer that I currently am beta testing that has this and all the mastering tools you need to create a polished mix. Available in a couple of weeks from now and is Audiobus and IAA compatible. Cheers.