Major Auria Announcement

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Major Auria Announcement

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:16 pm

Yes, you'll be able to edit transient marker location very easily. There's a picture in the first post showing green lines over the audio. These are the transient markers that Auria automatically identified. If you want to adjust them, just pick them up and move them.

No comping yet, but I still want to add it. Just trying to figure out a good way to do it. Might not be in the initial release, as the feature set is locked down (otherwise it'll never get released ;).

Yes, Auria Pro will be able to import tempo and time signature maps. If they're in the midi file you import, Auria Pro will read it and use it.

Rim

Base16
Expert

Post by Base16 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:50 pm

I'd Wage to say that she'll be a bit CPU hungry in all her new glory but I guess we can always put some tracks to sleep along with the WIFI And I'm gonna be utterly entranced by The supreme functions and eye appeal of this long awaited upgrade...on a retina mini :shock:

jdchess

Post by jdchess » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:02 pm

Rim,

Is the new theme/color scheme set in stone or will you be able to keep the current Auria theme?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:07 pm

Auria Pro will only have the new GUI. I tried very hard to make the old GUI switchable, and I actually kept it in there for about a year, but too many things have changed in the mean time, making it very difficult to have both. There will be an option in the settings to choose color schemes for the editor tracks though (bold, muted, etc.).

Rim

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:34 am

Rim wrote:Audio Quantize works like this:

When you import an audio track into Auria Pro, it automatically identifies all the transients (transients are the start of every percussive sound). It's just something that happens automatically whenever you import audio, and you don't have to do anything extra to make it happen. Since Auria now knows where all your drum hits begin, you can use the Audio Quantize feature to have it automatically move all the drum hits to line up with the grid. It does this by using the new real-time warping engine. Or you can choose to have it slice the track up into hits, then automatically move them to the grid. Either way, the result is an audio drum track with drums that are quantized to the grid.

Rim
A video preview :D ?
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

Greglygon

Post by Greglygon » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:15 am

Looking forward to the update! Looks like you'll really have one DAW to rule them all.

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:14 am

Rim wrote:Yes, you'll be able to edit transient marker location very easily. There's a picture in the first post showing green lines over the audio. These are the transient markers that Auria automatically identified. If you want to adjust them, just pick them up and move them.
Can you add and delete transient markers manually (in case too many or too few were added automatically)?
Rim wrote:No comping yet, but I still want to add it. Just trying to figure out a good way to do it. Might not be in the initial release, as the feature set is locked down (otherwise it'll never get released ;).
I like Bob Lentini's implementation of Layers in SAWStudio (http://www.sawstudio.com). Granted, this is a PC DAW application; however, you might be able to base your design on this concept.

Best regards,

Mike

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:22 am

Yes, you'll be able to manually add, delete and move transient markers.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:43 am

Tracktion had a tidy implemention of multiple takes that would suit a compact display.

hselburn
Expert

Post by hselburn » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:49 am

Sounds great. Just hoping the iPad air 1 can handle everything without getting hammered. It only has the 1 gig of ram after all. :)

tensixtysix
Expert

Post by tensixtysix » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:47 am

Fantastic Job Rim.
Will I be able to import my existing MIDI files, use them to play my external hardware synths, and record the audio back into Auria at the same time?

papertiger
Expert

Post by papertiger » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:21 pm

Just incredible, Rin. Congrats. Auria Pro could be the app that solves so many headaches in trying to get apps to work together. A one stop shop for audio and MIDI that's stable and has good audio file management (I'm looking at you, Cubasis). FINALLY.

Good luck over the next few months and roll on spring!

:D

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 pm

With such an amazing modular synth (and presumably equally amazing sampler), one would probably feel stupid going through all the hassle of still using external sound sources, eh?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:40 pm

@tensixtysix: yes, you'll be able to do that easily.

Rim

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:33 pm

instinctive wrote:With such an amazing modular synth (and presumably equally amazing sampler), one would probably feel stupid going through all the hassle of still using external sound sources, eh?
Some of us still have some hardware that has certain characteristics that are not easily ported to plugins. Compressors are a good example.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)