Major Auria Announcement

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Airman_dopey

Re: Major Auria Announcement

Post by Airman_dopey » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:58 am

Are the graphics redone or is it just a reskin? I ask because Auria never felt all that fluid to me. Small thing compared to all of the other awesome features, but one that makes the DAW a little less transparent when working. Might just be me.

analoge

Post by analoge » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:00 pm

All it needed was a synth or sampler to complete a full blown software........we'll done guys,

Fitz
Expert

Post by Fitz » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:41 pm

I don't know. We hassle for info and now we've got it we have to wait!!
Impatiently waiting for what I think will be the answer to many issues on the iPad. (ie. midi)

jsol
Expert

Post by jsol » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:51 pm

Happy and can't wait to purchase the new Auria!

I just have a couple requests. They may be implemented already however if not, my wish list.

It would be nice to duplicate a track and keep the same plugins, incase you want to use the same settings on plugim with out recreating.

Secondly, when importing audio. Have an option to import select tracks as mono to save time. My current daw exports all wav files as stereo even if source is mono. Still new to mixing so don't know if mixing in mono vs stereo is superior resulting ina more wide stereo image.

Thirdly, when arranging the order of tracks, sometimes in wav form view, I have trouble dragging the tracks in the order of one at a time. I have to zoom in or out so the function works consistently (sometime my selection doesn't accept my touch) possible glitch? It would be nice to multi select tracks and drag to save time as well as maybe being able to drag and multi select tracks in the mixer view. That would be awesome!

These are things that might make the work flow a bit better, at least for my case.

Way to go on the revolutionary work you do!

Sincerely,

JSol.

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:16 pm

What DAW do you use that only exports stereo?
Mixing in stereo is not the same as using stereo tracks- especially since on auria, if I am correct, the pan knob on a stereo track acts as a balance control. You can "stereo pan" to a degree by using the delay and changing the stereo width, not the most elegant way to do it but it works. I use mono tracks for anything that is a mono source. And often I use two mono tracks for stereo so I can decide how wide that image is and where it is.

jsol
Expert

Post by jsol » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:25 pm

I use fl studio. Would converting from mono to stereo back to mono affect the origin al source quality?

TedBPhx
Expert

Post by TedBPhx » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:20 am

Does the new Auria allow loop markers at the track level instead of just global? That would be useful to me.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:41 am

No, that wouldn't work in a traditional DAW. Auria works like Pro Tools, Logic and other desktop DAWs, where looping is global.

Rim

TedBPhx
Expert

Post by TedBPhx » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:17 pm

Fair enough.
What about playing back a track while manipulating an IAA effect, like Flux:Fx, and recording the output to a new track?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:49 pm

Sure, you can do that by choosing L/R as the input for recording (you do this on the input matrix). Auria Pro will also allow you to choose this directly from the channel.

Rim

TedBPhx
Expert

Post by TedBPhx » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:59 pm

Excellent. Thank you.

MusicInclusive
Expert

Post by MusicInclusive » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:09 am

Will it be possible to output multiple mixes in Auria Pro?

E.g. - if one had a I/O device capable of working with multiple stereo channels, to assign e.g. a headphone mix and a main mix?

I have in mind also whether one could e.g. send different bux mixes to different stereo pairs.

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:11 am

you can do this already with the Aux sends. In the Output Matrix, the Aux returns can be assigned to a different physical output.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:57 pm

Phil999 wrote:you can do this already with the Aux sends. In the Output Matrix, the Aux returns can be assigned to a different physical output.
Aux returns. That is confusing. Aux sends maybe, and is limited to the outputs available on your audio interface.

Or I just totally misunderstood. In that case ignore me.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Phil999
Expert

Post by Phil999 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:32 pm

ah yes, you are right. In the Output Matrix, the Aux sends can be assigned to a different physical output.