Major Auria Announcement

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Major Auria Announcement

Post by Rim » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:37 pm

The sampler will have drum samples, and we'll most likely support a pad-style for the built-in keyboard.

Rim

tensixtysix
Expert

Post by tensixtysix » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:44 pm

Keeps on getting better.
Thanks Rim.

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:46 pm

Would be aces if the sampler supported existing sample formats, particularly for drum kits. Nanostudio, beatmaker and Drum perfect, for instance, all have very simple "XML file + folder of samples" formats that you could probably parse in your sleep. :)

With so many existing kits out there on the internets, and so many Auria users (and potential converts!) having already built kits for those popular apps, it would be a very welcome way to get sets of sounds into Auria quickly. Setting up drum kits is usually such a chore.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:04 am

To me"Multiformat Sampler"reads as it can...well...open multiple sampler formats :)

No?
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:42 am

syrupcore wrote:
Rim wrote:Auria Pro will allow you to choose a port and channel for each track.

Rim
I want to hump your leg. For your sake, hope we never meet.

BWAHAHAHA!

Post of the year so far.......;)
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:29 am

There's another DAW forum out there where he posts stuff like that all the time. It's, like, normal :mrgreen:

dendy

Post by dendy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:06 am

Mindblowing update ... You nailed it .. FIRST really complete iOS DAW without compromises .. looking forward for sampler screenshot, but i think this is real hot candidate for my workhorse for next long period time .. (at least until "The Other Developement Team" makes his release.. one day .. :-) greetings go to syrupcore and instinctive :-))

Just one small question .. can you please instead of only note images here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f987kstjy4xz9 ... 1.png?dl=0

put there classic numbers 1/64, 1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 ? or at leass add them, small text under note icon.. it is lot more clear for us who did't know note symbols :-)))
Last edited by dendy on Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:10 am

Greetings @dendy :lol: too funny... we're taking over the forums here :mrgreen:

But yeah, seems like Rim / Auria nailed it first. Incredible given the huge companies that are behind certain other products and have failed to deliver (explicitly looking at that C-thing)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:59 am

Just one small question .. can you please instead of only note images here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f987kstjy4xz9 ... 1.png?dl=0

put there classic numbers 1/64, 1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 ? or at leass add them, small text under note icon.. it is lot more clear for us who did't know note symbols :-)))
Good idea, I'll do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rim

dendy

Post by dendy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:56 am

thank you, great !!

dendy

Post by dendy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:03 am

instinctive wrote: Incredible given the huge companies that are behind certain other products and have failed to deliver (explicitly looking at that C-thing)
Yeah i'm wondering too .. Looks big desktop DAW creators still think that iOS isn't serious music platform.. even Steinberg's Cubasis is far away from what it should be after those years of developement .. it's funny how small company (or even one-man company ? Not sure if Auria is developed just by one man) can create products with is far far FAR away beyond something created by BIG company with many many years of experience with creating DAWs, many developer resources and also financial resources available :-)

My personal tip is - if ever Cubasis will get same level of complexity like Auria PRO, then it will be maybe after 10 years lollolol :mrgreen: .. and maybe in this time also other companies like Propellerheads, Ableton and other will start thinking about creating full-featured DAW for iOS :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Man-Machine

Post by Man-Machine » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:12 am

After over 10 years using a DAW and reading the excellent news of this release, I am now considering switching music production to an iPad. About month ago, I produced the song my wife walked down the isle solely on Auria!!!

My only, but very important, criticism on working with a device that small is that user interfaces can get very dense. I am glad to see that some attention has been paid to it for this future release. The mixer page still needs some help for me to become a convert though.

I my experience with the iPad/Auria, you want to clearly see the main controls (transport bar, pan/aux knobs, solo buttons, and faders) when you’re mixing standing up or at an arms length. They need to stand out above everything else. By looking at the sample screenshot at fullscreen on my iPad, the faders level markings blend way too much with the faders themselves. This causes too much distraction and the faders just don’t stand out enough. Perhaps the markings could look more grayish with less contrast? Or even just make the faders a different color?

Other than Auria, all we need now is more hardware options that use Audio/MIDI simultaneously to record external hardware synthesizers. Is iRig Pro the only current option?

Man-Machine

Post by Man-Machine » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:03 pm

That is pretty good, definitely better than the sample screenshot :)

thelip

Post by thelip » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:24 pm

It's taken me a week just to come back down from the excitement of the announcement on Monday! Well done! I'm looking forward to the spring equinox more than ever!

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:36 pm

Man-Machine wrote:That is pretty good, definitely better than the sample screenshot :)
Except i don't like the fadercaps and the green :wink:
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX