CPU

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

TOB

CPU

Post by TOB » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:41 am

I started using Auria on ipad mini recently and have found really nice & intuitive to use, much more fun than Logic (which I've been using for the past 15 years). However, 7 tracks in and my CPU level is up around 80% meaning that I can't record an 8th track. I'm only using auria plugins (comp, exp, eq, reverb & chorus) and I've made sure that wifi is off, and no other apps are open.
This can't be right can it??? any ideas what might be going on?

richardyot
Expert

Re: CPU

Post by richardyot » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:29 am

It depends on the plugins really, but you can always freeze the the tracks to free up some resources. Alternatively you can "print" the tracks by soloing them and mixing them down to a new track, and then bypassing the plugins in the originals.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:51 am

Do you have an iPad Air 2? There are some issues with that model that cause high CPU usage in certain cases.

Rim

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:46 am

As @richardyot said, it depends on the plugins. For example, the convolution reverb bundled with Auria is CPU intensive so using that as a channel insert on several tracks simultaneously will max out your CPU. Freezing tracks is the way to go :)

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:30 am

I'm currently working on a project and I'm at track 28 with convo reverb on Aux1 and FXpansion Buss Comp,Pro Q,ProL on the master and my cpu reading is 12%. I have Auria turn off the plugins when I enter record mode as listening to eq'd or mastered tracks while laying down new tracks is not recommended. Currently Auria is working great on my iPad Air and I have been working Auria very hard lately but after the latest iOS update Auria is working great here @ A.I.R.Studio. Cheers. ~~_/)~~~*

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:58 am

Also, make sure Auria is the only app running on your iPad. Close all other music apps and other apps. Then start Auria and load your project. Make sure Audiobus mode is Off in Auria as well. These steps will ensure that Auria uses a large audio buffer for minimum CPU usage.

Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:38 am

He wrote,"iPad Mini" so basically an iPad 2.I can't remember how much tracks i could run on it but it was definitely not that muchwith some FX activated.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX