auria crackles and pops

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

cooder

auria crackles and pops

Post by cooder » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:54 am

Hi Guys just a quickie i am using 4 tracks and Alchemy, nothing on the other tracks, yet when i play alchemy it pops and crackles,not sure if its alchemy or auria problem messed with volume on both still the same then auria says my memory is low but i dont have any other apps open on ios 8.2 ipad fourth gen, any help would be grateful iI have 27 gig with 4 gig available. Thanks in advance.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: auria crackles and pops

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:04 am

First, I recommend force-closing Auria and all your other apps (double-tap on the home button, and swipe up on all the apps you see. Close everything, including apps like Safari, Settings, etc). There should be nothing left but your home screen.

Next, open Auria, go into your settings and enable Audiobus mode. Now force close Auria again.

At this point, Auria is ready for use with other audio apps. Launch Auria, and try using Alchemy again. Note that Audiobus mode is a per-project setting, so make sure to do this for any Auria projects which need to interact with other audio apps.

Rim

BrandMo

Post by BrandMo » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:50 pm

Personally not familiar with alchemy but I've had issues in the past of synth apps that are programmed to add an insane amount of gain to the sound in order to pump a decent volume out of the ipad speakers. Then when routing it into auria using audio bus, it's clear to see the waveform is way too amplified. Maybe try messing with the output settings, if there are any in Alchemy, to keep the volume reasonable and have some dynamics then apply your own compression or whatever in Auria.

cooder

Post by cooder » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Thanks Rim Tried what you suggested and yes it works,once again thanks for your input.