length of timeline

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

hardattack

length of timeline

Post by hardattack » Sun May 03, 2015 12:20 am

hi @ all ...

is it possible shorten the timeline for the length of my song / my project?
for example: the song ends at bar 105, but the timeline is running and running on, till i stop auria by hand.

in cubase i can set the length of projecst, and if it's come to the end, cubasis stopps (or if i looped the song it starts from the beginning)

maybe in auria there is a function, too?

thanks for answering

best regards
tim

instinctive
Expert

Re: length of timeline

Post by instinctive » Sun May 03, 2015 4:41 am

I wonder what the actual problem is that this causes? To the contrary, I only see problems appearing as soon as you artificially LIMIT the song length... you might have to readjust constantly...

If anything, Auria could automatically stop after the last part on any track ends... but manual length? Impractical.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Sun May 03, 2015 3:22 pm

That was one of the things I hated about garage band. By default, it only creates a track x bars long. I'd get into a good take, and it would stop recording. Way more important features to me than that.

Johow
Expert

Post by Johow » Sun May 03, 2015 7:24 pm

I prefer it the way it is, much like a tape recorder, just keeps on going until you switch it off. After your done playing, your going to hit another button anyway so it may as well be the one that sends you back to the start.
Air2 128GB, Auria Pro, Loopy, various apps in my collection. Assorted microphones, old m-audio mini keyboard, home made E-drum set, can of rocks, a bunch of home made acoustic and electric guitars, Basses, mandolins and guitjos, +other noise making toys.

Johow
Expert

Post by Johow » Sun May 03, 2015 7:25 pm

You can of course loop Auria as well.
Air2 128GB, Auria Pro, Loopy, various apps in my collection. Assorted microphones, old m-audio mini keyboard, home made E-drum set, can of rocks, a bunch of home made acoustic and electric guitars, Basses, mandolins and guitjos, +other noise making toys.

jpolo

Post by jpolo » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:58 pm

Can't we have it all. It would be handy to sometimes have a song end... Only when you want, and for it to be ignored when you are recording. DAWs like logic do this.

Cheers
JP

Lonelypunk
Expert

Post by Lonelypunk » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:40 pm

I'm finding this mildly frustrating (first world problem I know) as well, is it still not possible to have playback automatically stop at the end of the song so it doesn't run on? Obviously if recording you need it to continue but when playing back and it not set to loop I'd like it to stop rather than running on it possible?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:55 pm

I can understand, but I can't think of a single pro desktop DAW that works like that. They all keep playing or recording forever. Auria is designed to work just like the other pro DAWs (Pro Tools, Logic, Nuendo, Cubase, Digital Performer, etc)

Rim

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:30 pm

Logic has some form of "project margins", from where it doesn't playback (but keep recording, only the playback is stopped).

Auria's locators could work this way: it would be a nice feature if reaching the right end locator stopped playback, just like it loops playback if "loop" is enabled.

Lonelypunk
Expert

Post by Lonelypunk » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:41 pm

I'm used to using reaper which stops at the end of the last track element. It's literally no big deal though I think my brains got used to it already :-)

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:06 am

I like it as it is, playing forever. I prefer it when a computer doesn't try to make 'clever' decisions on my behalf. Apple like to do this and it's sometimes infuriating. Open format is the best :)