Quick questions

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

superhunter2
Expert

Quick questions

Post by superhunter2 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:45 am

1. I use pro-q eq. I however wish to also the the stock compressor on the strip. However, it goes compression in the strip -> eq but i would like it to go eq -> compression. Is there any way of doing that? :/

2. Also, if I'm doing automation on a track, and I want to bring the volume between two points evenly down without having to make four value points, how can I do that? So I'm at -12db and I want to go down to -16db for 5 secs and then bring it back to -12db... I'm having difficulty making sure that the level also goes back to exactly what it was before I had an automation control point. Is there a way to make two points on the same line before it moves?

Thanks

King
Expert

Re: Quick questions

Post by King » Mon May 25, 2015 9:47 am

superhunter2 wrote:1. I use pro-q eq. I however wish to also the the stock compressor on the strip. However, it goes compression in the strip -> eq but i would like it to go eq -> compression. Is there any way of doing that? :/

Thanks
Hey @superhunter2, I'll answer the first question, I'll have to read the second a few more times. :)

On the channel strip below the EQ to the left, there is a switch. 'EQ -> CMP or CMP -> EQ', just tap that for your preference.

Added: Question two:
Aside from recording your volume automation in real time using the fader, you will have to have a minimum of three (3) points, which will create a 'V' shape.
Make point one (1) for the start, point (2) lowest level and point (3) back to start level. You will see a readout of your changes in real time, if you look at the top bar under your project title.

With my comprehension of the question, I hope that helps!

More Added: you could even make the beginning and end points (1 and 3) first, and then add (2).
Setting the snap to none may help as well to get fine tuning.

_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Mon May 25, 2015 11:29 am

King, doesn't that eq->camp switch only apply when using eq in the channel strip?

King
Expert

Post by King » Mon May 25, 2015 12:27 pm

rickwaugh wrote:King, doesn't that eq->camp switch only apply when using eq in the channel strip?
Yep definitely. :-) good point!

He is also talking about using the stock compressor.
Wanting to use the stock comp with Pro Q is a one direction affair.

My solution is for stock EQ and Compressor.

I think the double 'the' in the question may have thrown me.
And the use of (->)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Hehe

;-)
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________