Auria Questions.(The now version) Help please.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tourniquet
Expert

Auria Questions.(The now version) Help please.

Post by Tourniquet » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:31 pm

I'm having trouble recording my guitar into Auria. Using IAA and Bias FX..... The funny thing is, I recorded the first guitar track above, as in the pic. Then I was going to record the 2nd guitar part, and all kinds a different stuff going wrong. I tried auidobus into Auria, and I don't have much luck with that.

I don't recall changing any settings at all between guitar takes. 1st track, there is an upper wave form and a bottom one, 2nd track, only the top wave form, with a flat line below it.

I have tried Tone Stack into Auria IAA, and same result. If I try Bias FX into Loopy HD, and then copy and paste it into Auria, it provides both the upper and lower wave form, like my first track. I need to play to the first track for my 2nd track to jive with it. So going into loopy won't work for me...

Any ideas what I can check? I am baffled, I didn't knowingly change anything. I have powered down my ipad completely twice hoping for a fix. Guitarism, Jam Maestro, they all record 2 wave forms. What the fumanchu is going on? I can't finish my totally awesome song I'm workin on. :(

2nd image attached, I get this quite a lot. project you are loading has a sample rate which..............

Mostly this happens if I try to use audiobus. How do I know the sample rate of other apps? Bias FX?

Also, AUria has Sample Rates of 44100, 48000, and 96000. I guess I don't understand what exactly those numbers mean. I assume higher is better quality recording. I can't seem to record anything at the 96k rate in Auria. Especially with audiobus. I'm not sure I'm able to with IAA either. Is this important? To get the best sound quality?

Snapshots. What are these for? What do you do with them? I think they coulod be helpful, if I knew what to do with them.

Do people still start up audiobus first to record into Auria? It is a bit of a pain to do it this way. It always starts a new project that way, and then I have trouble getting things routed/linked up with the project I already started.

Plug-ins: SO, let's say I load pro-q, Saturn, Timeless,select one of the presets to use, then close out the project and come back. I think the preset a choose is still active, as far as I can hear/tell, but it always says default, instead of the preset that I have chosen, the last time I was in the plug-in.

ANy help would be great!! Especially thoughts on my first question......

Thank you

Jason

pictures don't upload correct here so here is a link to them:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/1010 ... ase#latest

rickwaugh
Expert

Re: Auria Questions.(The now version) Help please.

Post by rickwaugh » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:21 pm

When you created the new track, looks like it was created as mono, not stereo. Delete the track, add a new one, create it as stereo.

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:50 pm

I have had a similar situation with a guitar plugin using IAA. It looks as if you recorded the second track in Stereo but the IAA plugin only delivered one side. Try this. Re-record the 2nd track but this time when selecting record enable on the specific track also enable 'Record Effects'. The missing track will then be recorded.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:33 pm

@tourniquet
Snapshots are awesome. Here's what the manual says;
Snapshots of a particular project can be saved and loaded from the Main menu. A snapshot contains all the current settings from a project, minus the actual audio files. In other words, a snapshot contains all of the mixer, editor, and automation information from a project.

This can be useful when alternate versions of a particular project are needed, as it won’t use up as much storage space as when using the Save Copy of Project option (which copies all of the project’s audio files, too). This way multiple mix versions can be stored and recalled from within a single project.

Auria will automatically save Snapshots of the current project every 10 minutes in a round-robin fashion, adding an additional layer of backups that can easily be recalled

Using iaa is easy, but only if you know your signal flow completely and become consistent.
Here's my approach;
Add mono track. Press and hold the record arm btn for this track to get the record pop up menu. Select input matrix to insure the track is receiving the correct physical input.
Repeat the press/hold on the record arm button and select record fx (optional).
Now load an iaa effect or amp sim plug. (Note: your track is still mono, but is passed to the bus as stereo if the iaa is stereo, and most are.)

Once done recording the track, unarm and remove iaa plug from insert.

Once you get a workflow that works best for you it will get easier. Although wonky things still happen.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Tourniquet
Expert

Post by Tourniquet » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:30 am

Thanks everyone for your replies! I really appreciate it.

I tried the suggestions here and on the Audiobus forum. Still no dice with Bias FX or Tonestack IAA. I used Audiobus last night, and by some Miracle, it worked. There was a good bit of latency, so I will deff. need to rerecord and figure out where that issue is coming from. But, I was happy to be able to at least record with audiobus.

Exit question?: When others record guitars, do you typically record them in stereo? Or just mono. I guess it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy recording in stereo. Maybe it doesn't matter as much as I think it does.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:54 am

Tourniquet wrote:Thanks everyone for your replies! I really appreciate it.

I tried the suggestions here and on the Audiobus forum. Still no dice with Bias FX or Tonestack IAA. I used Audiobus last night, and by some Miracle, it worked. There was a good bit of latency, so I will deff. need to rerecord and figure out where that issue is coming from. But, I was happy to be able to at least record with audiobus.

Exit question?: When others record guitars, do you typically record them in stereo? Or just mono. I guess it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy recording in stereo. Maybe it doesn't matter as much as I think it does.
It really depends on whether you are micing an amp or recording straight into the audio interface and how much time you have to audition different mics etc.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:29 pm

I use Ampkit and Amplitube APPS for guitar and both behave in a different way when slotted in as an IAA plugin. I always record in stereo as I prefer the more spatial effects when using Chorus, Delay and Ping Pong effects. A matter of personal choice I suppose.