Sharing Projects Between Two iPads

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

indratgj
Expert

Sharing Projects Between Two iPads

Post by indratgj » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:14 am

I recently upgraded from a 3rd generation iPad (with the Core Audio bug) to a iPad Air 2.

Projects on the Air 2 have been going great. But I noticed that when I open the copy of Auria I still have on the 3rd Gen iPad, the projects available in the load projects menu are limited to the old projects I was working on before the Air 2 purchase. Likewise, the only projects on the Air 2, are projects worked on there.

I'm sure this is working as designed in that the automatic backups of the projects are unique to the particular iPad and instance of Auria running there. The question is is there an easy way to be able to access the same project from both iPads, such that I could take my 3rd gen to work with me, do some editing, and then work on the same project later, at home, on the Air 2?

Should I just drop box the project and down load it to whichever computer I want it on?

Thanks
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro

martygras
Expert

Re: Sharing Projects Between Two iPads

Post by martygras » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:51 am

I would think there is no difference in project files and snapshots, unless you've added something on the Air2 that isn't supported by the 3rd gen. Curious to find out what you find out.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:26 pm

As far as Auria is concerned, there's no difference which iPad the projects are opened or created on. They all use the same project format. So copying the project to Dropbox, then reopening it on the other iPad should work fine.

Rim

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:18 am

The only thing I can think of is that maybe you've purchased an IAP for Auria that is on the Air 2, but not on the 3rd gen. Possibly perform a "restore purchases" to make sure they are indeed up to date.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

indratgj
Expert

Post by indratgj » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:11 am

Rim,

Thanks. I'll do it with Dropbox, as you've suggested, or I could restore from my hard disk backup to the second iPad.

Martygras, I think I miscommunicated in my description of what I wanted to do. The problem is not that the same project won't open in auria on two different machines. Rather, a project that I developed on the Air 2 (and never Copied to the 3rd Gen) doesn't appear in the load projects menu of the 3rd Gen. As Rim said, I just need to find some way of copying it to the 3rd Gen.

Originally, I had naively assume that Auria was going to sync up all my devices, such that any Auria project I developed, regardless of the iPad I used to develop it, would automatically also show up on my other device. Not correct.

But I'm good to go with the manual copy solution.

Thanks all.

Travis
iPad Pro 12.9” Gen 5, iOS v.15,5, Auria Pro, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Presonus HP6, DrumPerfect Pro