Clearing space

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Fire theft

Clearing space

Post by Fire theft » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:28 am

Hi,,,,,I've just erased ALL things that have been recorded,,,,,I got nothing.....yet it shows in the upper right that I have little memory left......I purposely erased songs in hopes that it would free up space and it didn't seem to do anything.am I doing something wrong or is there something I can do ta open up some space............I had like 4-5 songs,,,each w 3-4 tracks on each and yet they're all gone and I have 1 song and it has 5-6 tracks yet there's no memory and I'm told to adjust the buffer and or low memory.......the buffer is set at high so I'm confused......help,anyone,thanks

Fitz
Expert

Re: Clearing space

Post by Fitz » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:59 am

There are 2 types of memory. If you delete songs you clear up memory but not ram memory. Auria calls the first memory 'space'. Press on the monitors and see how much space you have left. The buffer and MEM, plus your low memory warnings are to do with ram - which is what your iPad is using at that particular moment to pull off what it's doing. Closing background tasks, turning off bluetooth and wifi are first steps. Rebooting before you work can help. Also try freezing some of your tracks. Open the fx on the track and find the icicle symbol (middle right of the channel strip, above the SAT button). There is also CPU, and both this and MEM are key to keeping Auria happy. Try to keep them low.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:06 am

@Fire Theft.
Here is a trick to try to free up memory for Auria. Exit Auria but don't shut it down or swipe it away, just keep it open in the background. Now open Safari, just open Safari but don't go anywhere on the web. Now close Safari completely and swipe it away. Now go back to Auria that was still running in the background, your memory should now be much larger. As Fitz said, disk drive space is not memory so removing files and projects does not free up memory it only frees up your flash drive space. Put the iPad in Airplane mode as this helps prevent background use of the system while your recording. Also like Fitz said freeze your tracks because you could have too many plugins inserted into those few tracks and those plugins could be using the memory up. As well it is always best to tell us what iPad you use as not all the iPads have the same amount of ram memory. Cheers and good luck.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:20 am

Anthony is not a wizard, but he does teach at Hogwarts occasionally. :P

@Anthony Alves
I don't know how you figured this out, but I'm adding it to my list of, "very cool top secret stuff".
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)