2 quick questions

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Markie4eyezz
Expert

2 quick questions

Post by Markie4eyezz » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:32 pm

Merry Xmas to you guys
I got my iPad pro sitting under the Xmas tree
Two quick questions

If I have a project stems made in auria and send it over to my colleague and he opens it in say pro tools or logic does it save the fabfilter effects I added to it

If I make a song in auria pro (on a iPad pro) and want to open it in my iPad 4 running just auria 2.0
Will it work?
Reason why I ask, many people are saying auria pro does not work that well on iPad 4
I'm yet to upgrade my ipad4 but was thinking of upgrading the ipad4 to 2.0 and run the auria pro on the iPad pro
The iPad pro will stay at home mainly and the ipad4 will be with me as always on my travels.

Hope these questions may make sense as silly as they maybe

Rim
Site Admin

Re: 2 quick questions

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:46 pm

Nice Xmas present!

When you save stems, you are saving audio from each track, including all the effects you were using. So if you don't want this, make sure to disable all your effects first.

Unfortunately, you can't save a project from Auria Pro and open it on Auria. That's because the Auria Pro project format is different, as it supports MIDI and instruments. It works the other way, though - you can open an Auria project in Auria Pro.

There's no difference in performance between Auria and Auria Pro on an iPad 4, if you don't use instruments or warping features. So you should be able to upgrade your iPad 4 to Auria Pro, and go back and forth between the two iPads.

Rim

Markie4eyezz
Expert

Post by Markie4eyezz » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:50 pm

Rim thank you for your response
Your a iOS legend if it wasn't for you. intua and the audiobus crew, I certainly wouldn't be doing what I'm doing.
I make hip hop as a hobby, When my boys see me mixing and beatmaking on a iPad they are baffled.

A lot of peeps say I should get a maschine, but I know what I can do with Auria and a iPad, it works for my needs and this is the route I'm going for the next few years at least.

So hope you read this
Thank you big yourself up and a very Merry Christmas.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:09 pm

Thanks ;)

Rim