Rim would this work as a set up

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Xo4sho
Expert

Rim would this work as a set up

Post by Xo4sho » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:45 am

I see i cant use my apogee duet with my behringer x touch plugged into in to remote control Auria. Im wondering if i had 2 ipads hooked up through aurialink (one hooked into the duet and the other with the x touch). Would this work?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Rim would this work as a set up

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:09 am

No, that wouldn't work, as Aurialink doesn't pass any audio between the iPads. It's just for starting both iPads at the same time.

Rim

Xo4sho
Expert

Post by Xo4sho » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:20 am

Thank you for the response. I was hoping i could use my behringer to start recording on one, as the duet with my mic would be hooked up to the other iPad.

Is there any interface that will allow the behringer controller to be seen hooked up through midi and still allow me to record?

Having the behringer is starting to defeat the purpose now. Thinking bout sending it back.
Or getting a new interface as i dont know if its a problem with just the apogee duet.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:59 pm

Actually, any audio interface which has MIDI jacks on the back would work. Then you could connect your behringer to the interface using MIDI. I assume the behringer supports standard MIDI connections (5 pin DIN)?

Rim

Xo4sho
Expert

Post by Xo4sho » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:23 pm

That's the thing though. My duet has midi...but Auria is only reading the duet. I make sure the behringer is on hui protocol but it's not showing up. It only shows up when plugged directly in with the cck and NOT through the duet.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:03 am

I believe the behringer uses MCU protocol. Have you tried that?

Rim

Xo4sho
Expert

Post by Xo4sho » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:10 am

I have tried them both. When stand alone with just the cck. I have only gotten the hui mode to work. The behringer doesnt even read at all when plugged into the duet

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:53 am

OK, if it works in HUI mode, then that's the mode you want to use. When you use the Duet, you need to make sure Send Remote and Receive Remote are turned on for the Duet MIDI inputs and outputs in the settings page.

Rim

Xo4sho
Expert

Post by Xo4sho » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:55 pm

Ok rim i will try that. Do you think i need to set up the send/receive before i plug the behringer into the duet? Asking because the x touch doesnt even show up as a selection where i can click the send/receive remote when plugged into the duet, it only shows the duet

Xo4sho
Expert

Post by Xo4sho » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:57 pm

Oh another thing.....i was able to get them both to show when using a powered usb hub.....but the x touch wouldnt allow me to select record on a track. But it would control the faders, pan controls and playback.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:21 pm

Using them both with a hub won't work, as Apple doesn't support more than one interface.

You would choose the Duet, as that's your MIDI interface...

Rim

Radside
Expert

Post by Radside » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:05 pm

Xo4sho wrote:Oh another thing.....i was able to get them both to show when using a powered usb hub.....but the x touch wouldnt allow me to select record on a track. But it would control the faders, pan controls and playback.
Did you try running your duet through the X Touch usb hub. I just had some success having the X-Touch connected directly to Auria Pro running the X Air 18 (midi/audio interface) via the X Touch's USB hub. Auria recognized both the X Touch(s) and X-Air 18. I recorded one midi track (internal Lyra) and one audio track as a test.

I actually connected a 2nd X Touch via the main X Touch's 2nd USB port and that work...kinda. It basically mirrored ethe main X Touch. I spent a couple of hours attempting to set it up where X Touch 1 would control the 1st bank of 8 tracks and X Touch 2 control the 2nd bank of 8 tracks (9-16) but no joy.

Xo4sho
Expert

Post by Xo4sho » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:30 pm

No i have not. I will try this when I get home. I find that to be interesting. In regards to your thread on involving your set up. I can agree to all of the "Not so Goods".

Radside
Expert

Post by Radside » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:30 pm

I did a little reading on the Behringer forums and it looks like the X Touch has more problems with the HUI mode than with the MC mode. Hopefully Rim can sort out the MC mode connect issue in Auria. I don't think it is a X Touch problem because it works with PCs and Macs in MC mode but I'm only guessing this is the case.

Xo4sho
Expert

Post by Xo4sho » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:38 pm

i did try it....they both showed up in the midi settings....however the duet did not move pass booting up. Then when i go back to direct connection to ipad with the duet and then the behringer plugged into the duet midi port....auria just reads the duet and not the behringer.