Ampkit+ as Insert mutes channel

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Noisefan

Ampkit+ as Insert mutes channel

Post by Noisefan » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:20 pm

When I add Ampkit+ to a channel's Insert it effectively mutes the track.

Am I missing some kind of setting within Auria or Ampkit+?

iPad Air - Auria Pro 2.02

Morgan
Expert

Re: Ampkit+ as Insert mutes channel

Post by Morgan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:23 am

AMPKIT seems to be having big time problems with iOS 9.1 at the moment certainly from my experience. I have been in communication with the developers for some time as I have the full paid version of AMPKIT but it fails to connect consistently as an IAA plugin through my external interface. Prior to iOS 9.1 the APP worked ok. As the developers don't seem interested in troubleshooting this issue and don't have the courtesy to reply to my most recent enquiries I have now moved to an APP called TONESTACK which is superb and works flawlessly as an IAA plugin and also with AB. This information may not help your situation other than knowing your not the only user having difficulties with this particular APP. Great shame as AMPKIT was one of my favourite effects Apps. Trevor

Noisefan

Re: Ampkit+ as Insert mutes channel

Post by Noisefan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:46 am

After quite a bit of research and experimenting I finally got Ampkit+ to work as an IAA effect. It seems there needs to be an audio interface plugged in (in my case an Ampkit Link) even if the audio is just an Auria channel playing - no external input at all. Rather frustrating!

Once working I found Ampkit+ to sound fine but the connection would often get lost and I could only get it to work again if I removed the effect, closed Ampkit+ and then added it again as an effect. The connection may have been lost a few times as I was testing how things worked but the experience could of have been a lot more stable.