Audiocopy/ tempo in Auria is off when pasting loops

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

giomakyo
Expert

Audiocopy/ tempo in Auria is off when pasting loops

Post by giomakyo » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:48 am

Hi,

Quick question, apologies if it is been answered before; I looked but couldn't find anything.

Problem is this;

1.) I create a loop in 112 bpm, 4/4, in a third-party app
2.) I create a new project in Auria, and set the tempo to 112 BPM 4/4.
3,) Use Audiocopy to copy and paste the loop into Auria. It does not sync up to the tempo at all. So a 2-bar/8-beat loop recorded at 112 ppm is showing up at about 6 beats length at 112 BPM in Auria. that's a mighty big discrepancy.

I haven't used Auria in maybe a year, but I did not have this problem in the past. I thought the timing might be off on the third-party app, but I tried audio pasting the same file into other recording apps like Samplr and the bpm synched up absolutely fine. The loop sounds fine, i.e. as recorded, when playing back in Auria but it will not synch with the correct bpm.

So what's the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Gio

giomakyo
Expert

Re: Audiocopy/ tempo in Auria is off when pasting loops

Post by giomakyo » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:23 am

Furthermore, I can't select beats or bars in the Snap Editor; the options do not appear in the drag-down menu at all.

I opened an old project that was in 114 BPM, whacked it down to 112, and tried importing that same loop via Audiocopy and it locked up perfectly and played back fine. Had snap set to bpm.

So I'm wondering why that won't work in a new project.

Currently running v2.01., is there a known bug?

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:41 am

What is the 3rd-party app you use to create your loop? If I own it too, I'll be happy to try and reproduce your issue. I'm equally happy to leave this for @Rim but I suspect he may be a little preoccupied at NAMM :wink:

giomakyo
Expert

Post by giomakyo » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:19 am

Thanks, but I've tried audiocopy from several different apps now, and tried creating several different new projects in Auria, and get the same result every time. Cannot get the track editor to synch correctly to bpm, and snap to bar/bpm is not available to select in the snap menu. Has that function been changed?

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:29 pm

giomakyo wrote:...Currently running v2.01...
The current version is v2.02. Bars and Beats (and a whole load more) are available in the snap menu.

Fitz
Expert

Post by Fitz » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:14 pm

Auria 2.02, created 4 bar pattern in DrumPerfect Pro at 112bpm, exported to Audioshare. Audiocopied and pasted in Auria. Previously I changed the bpm in Auria to 112. Lined up perfectly. Also, as Washboy said, all the bars and beats are there in the snap menu.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:42 pm

I think this may be of interest (it's from the Auria User Guide):
Automatic Tempo Matching with Import Audio
When importing audio into a project, Auria will detect if the selected clip includes tempo information (in either Acid or Apple Loop formats), and can automatically time stretch the loop to match the current project’s tempo.
If your loop isn't in Acid or Apple Loop format, you can time stretch it manually, once it's in Auria.

EDIT: I can't remember if auto tempo match occurs with AudioPaste anyway, or only with Import File.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:53 pm

Is your Auria project sample rate 48000, by any chance?

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:12 pm

Last try: Are you sure your Time Format (top right) is set to Bars:Beats? If not, that would explain why Bars and Beats are not present in the snap menu. It would also explain why your loop doesn't 'line up' as expected :wink:

giomakyo
Expert

Post by giomakyo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:35 pm

Hi Washboy,

Def. not 48000.

The problem is that bars/bpm time format does not appear in Snap menu. I cannot select that option to snap to because it doesn't exist.

Like I said, if I open old projects created on earlier versions of Auria, the bars/beats time format option is still there in the Snap editor menu, and working. But when creating new projects, it just doesn't appear.

The only thing I'm doing now that I haven't done previously is pasting from AudioCopy. So I ask again, is there a known bug with AudioCopy? Like I said, pasting the same file out of Audiocopy into other apps is working just fine.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:58 pm

Hi @giomakyo

So you don't see this when you tap on the counter at top-right of screen?:
image.jpg
Auria Transport Menu
If, when you create a new project, you cannot see Bars:Beats as a Time Format option in the Transport Options menu (as above) then something is seriously amiss!

[EDITED]
Last edited by Washboy on Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

giomakyo
Expert

Post by giomakyo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:15 pm

Aaah, you proved it was user stupidity, as suspected. ;-)

I was looking to set bpm in the snap menu in wave editing, forgot to set in the counter first.

Looks fine now. Will double check and report back. Thanks.

Apologies, it had been a year since I've used Auria and forgot this important step. fYI, when searching the manual for snap options it directs you not to the counter, but the snap editor. That's where I got confused.

giomakyo
Expert

Post by giomakyo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:22 pm

I was looking here...
Attachments
image.jpg

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:26 pm

giomakyo wrote:Aaah, you proved it was user stupidity, as suspected. ;-)

I was looking to set bpm in the snap menu in wave editing , forgot to set in mixer first.

Looks fine now. Will double check and report back. Thanks.
You can access the Transport Options menu from the Edit Window, as well as the Mix Window. When you choose "Time Format: Bars:Beats", you can then select Bars, Beats, etc in the Snap menu, if you wish. But neither of those two menus affect BPM.

Good luck :)