Drum machine sampler

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Mforums

Drum machine sampler

Post by Mforums » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:22 pm

Am I missing something ? Why isn't there an Mpc style drum machine for auria ? Seems like it would be a must have item. I know you can load Lyra but the process to do so is tedious if you aren't organized with exs sf etc.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Drum machine sampler

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:46 pm

Lyra has a drum pad mode, where you can play the included kits similar to the pads in MPC.

Rim

Mforums

Post by Mforums » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:59 pm

Rim wrote:Lyra has a drum pad mode, where you can play the included kits similar to the pads in MPC.

Rim
Yea, but you can't load your own drum samples in. I doubt most professional users are going to want to make tracks with stock drums, no offense, but especially stock drums from and iOS app.

I would think you would have like a "lyra drum" that worked similar to say beatmaker2 or something along those lines. Where you can add your own drums easily by clicking the pad and going to your folder of samples. Is the program coded in such a way that that would be terribly difficult to accomplish?

I'm not ragging on you or the program, I think it's great, I just think this is a serious area that it is lacking. I would even pay for an instrument that can do this.

Also, creating something like Ableton launch clips, or the new garage band launch style view, would make your app the go to for sure. You'd kill all competition. I would even go so far as to say that you would be able to eventually gain enough market share in iOS to create a desktop version that would sell great as well, that would allow users to go back and forth.

I've basically purchased every music app for the iOS (beatmaker2, cubase, nanostudio, xewton music studio, fl studio, etc...) as well as actually purchased logic pro, pro tools, and ableton (all not pirated)...use them with Apogee symphony, ensemble, ONE, duet, lots of pre amps and analog synths, eurorack, etc.....Point being I use and pay for a lot of different equipment and programs, and I think if you included what i've said, that would make your program work well with everything out there and really help people accomplish a lot with just the program itself....and appeal to paying customers...

anyway just my 2cents.

dvlmusic
Expert

Post by dvlmusic » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:03 pm

I second this. I am currently learning how to use Lyra for drums, but dealing with SFZ files is new to me and a 16-pad drum machine would be much simpler. I compose my tracks in iMaschine and I love that interface. Native Instruments unfortunately does not like to make their products play well with others, so I am not able to trigger iMaschine with Auria (which would be ideal).

I LOVE working with Auria and definitely prefer a full blown DAW to the scratch pad that is iMaschine, and I also would pay for this add-on if need be. Just something to consider for updates down the road.

Thanks RIM - looking forward to playing with the 2.03 update tonight!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:34 pm

Ok, I understand what you're asking about now. Lyra is really just designed to be a simple player, and not a sampler, so I don't plan on adding anything more in terms of sample management. Taking that next step would require a huge investment in time, and Lyra just isn't designed for that. Eventually, I'll be making an entirely new standalone sampler app based on Lyra, but that's a future product.

Rim

BrandMo

Post by BrandMo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:37 am

+1 for sampler app.

Only reason I still switch to cubasis for drums.

Keep up the good work.

paoudom

Post by paoudom » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:55 am

I love auria... But the lack of drum sampler is the reason i prefer multitrack studio for now.

There is everything i need in auria (and much more) but i'm still waiting for this add.
And i'm not the only one.

(Note : but rim, you're still the best audio dev on ios ;-) )