Last update

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

stevencirile

Last update

Post by stevencirile » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:16 pm

Rim
I did last update a bit ago-besides the fact the graphics are now to small on iPad pro what else changed.
Please undo the small graphics it's why I hate my surface pro...was such a pleasure have it larger on iPad pro. Now squished.
Sjc

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Last update

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:55 pm

The reason the graphics are "small" is because Auria is finally making use of the true iPad Pro resolution. This is something people have been asking about since the Pro came out, and I spent a lot of time getting it right. Just so you know, the Auria graphics on the iPad Pro are now exactly the same size as on the older iPads. In other words, if you measure the size of a knob or a fader with a ruler, you'll find that they are now exactly the same size as they are on an iPad Air 2.

However, I figured some people would have gotten used to the extra large controls on the Pro before I got the chance to add optimizations, so I added a mode in the settings where you can "turn off" the new Pro optimizations, and get that super-sized look again ;)

Rim

dewbop

Post by dewbop » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:13 pm

Classy move keeping the super-size option in there.
Listening...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:24 pm

Funny... If I would have added the iPad Pro optimizations right from the beginning, no one would have complained, since it would have looked no different than the older iPads (except for the fact that you can access a lot more functions now). But I think since people got used to those huge knobs, it's hard to go back to the smaller, normal size.

Rim

stromberg-carlson
Expert

i for one LOVE the optimizations!

Post by stromberg-carlson » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:10 am

your efforts were not wasted on the pro mr. rim. please dont let one or two (a handful) of vocal users steer you wrong.

i applaud the optimizations on the PRO and love THEM!

rossFen
Expert

Post by rossFen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:00 am

Advantage of an iPad Pro can be higher res or larger size. I don’t have an iPad Pro yet, but one reason I’m inclined to get one is that some GUI elements are too small on a regular iPad. Auria is mostly fine, but an example---some of the FabFilter GUI’s are too small for me. My eyesight isn’t great, and also tiny knobs and buttons can be quite fiddly. Maybe using the Pencil thing on the Pro would help. Playing the tiny keyboards in the synths is limited.

The option for bigger interface elements in Auria on the iPad Pro is welcomed. I hope developers will be taking into consideration that getting more stuff on the screen isn’t always the best thing for those of us who don’t see as well, or who just like larger things easier to manipulate with a finger.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:08 am

For the record:

one of the reasons I might upgrade from an Air2 to an ipad pro is for bigger knobs. It can get a bit fiddly sometimes with the standard ipad. Glad there is an option to change between ipad pro graphic modes as I can see both being useful.

halfwaycat

Post by halfwaycat » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:27 am

You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.
Thanks for the iPad pro optimisation Rim . It works for me.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:30 am

Thanks Rim for the reversal of the graphics of the iPad Pro. I too found it hard some times to see all the info on some of the fabfilter plugins and with the new large screen I can see all the plugin info. Being able to switch in and out of that graphic is wonderful. You really do know how to make everyone happy. Thanks for everything and for making Auria a complete DAW system. Cheers.

mschenkel
Expert

Post by mschenkel » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:21 pm

I can confirm that the higher resolution along with pencil work great; I'm loving to see more tracks in both views.

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:54 pm

Who doesn't want a bigger knob?

*gets coat, heads for the door*
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:33 pm

sodium wrote:Who doesn't want a bigger knob?

*gets coat, heads for the door*
[chortle]