Buffer size problem

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Metallion
Expert

Re: Buffer size problem

Post by Metallion » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:40 pm

Since this problem appeared i feel that i'm working with windows... it wasn't supposed to.
I'm tired of trying, i lost lots of hours.. i'm done... i'll wait for the 9.3, at least a version that solves this problem, after that, i will not install any update.

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:45 am

levispeights wrote:
Morgan wrote:Same here. iOS 9.2 trashed my Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 so I had to revert back to 9.1 on my IPad Pro. Waiting for Focusrite to resolve the issue. Take care

Trevor
Hey Morgan,
What exactly did 9.2 do to you Scarlett 18i8? I have a 18i8 but I haven't used it with my iPad since updating to iOS 9.2.
Levi
It dipends how many tracks are you playing.
Some projects with two tracks don't have problems, with 7 or more, the issue appear

This iOS issue affects only NOT MFI audio interfaces (so averyone that use Camera Connection Kit)
Potentially it could be destroy music Creation on iOS, because most of people uses USB audio interfaces.

I submit the bug to Apple, Focusrite is working on that problem, BUT 18i8 ufficually doesn't support IOS and iOS doesn't support interface are not MFI so I think no solution to the horizon...
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

Metallion
Expert

Post by Metallion » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:33 am

how can you people revert back to 9.1?!
i downloaded yesterday the 9.1 file but itunes dont let me install on my ipad air 2.

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:09 pm

Metallion you must be totally frustrated by this situation and can understand your anger at not being able to revert back to 9.1 at this point in time. I see you have managed to download the physical file but I suspect it is ITunes that somehow links with Apple to authorise the install. Perhaps someone reading this thread may know why ITunes is refusing to authorise the install. Did you follow the install instructions to the letter from the site where you downloaded the file from. The comments from "acaonweb" earlier in this thread referring to Apple having discontinued the Digital sign off of the file may be the reason. It might be interesting as you have the actual file if anyone or website has any unofficial way of bypassing the ITunes link to install the file. Unlikely, but you never know. This is really a despicable situation created by APPLE. I have today written a direct letter for the attention of Tim Cook and other departments in APPLE strongly worded and expressing my disgust at the situation APPLE has created with the 9.2 update. It will probably be intercepted but hopefully if enough users contact APPLE on the issue it might trigger a response of some description. Trevor

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:09 am

Morgan wrote:Metallion you must be totally frustrated by this situation and can understand your anger at not being able to revert back to 9.1 at this point in time. I see you have managed to download the physical file but I suspect it is ITunes that somehow links with Apple to authorise the install. Perhaps someone reading this thread may know why ITunes is refusing to authorise the install. Did you follow the install instructions to the letter from the site where you downloaded the file from. The comments from "acaonweb" earlier in this thread referring to Apple having discontinued the Digital sign off of the file may be the reason. It might be interesting as you have the actual file if anyone or website has any unofficial way of bypassing the ITunes link to install the file. Unlikely, but you never know. This is really a despicable situation created by APPLE. I have today written a direct letter for the attention of Tim Cook and other departments in APPLE strongly worded and expressing my disgust at the situation APPLE has created with the 9.2 update. It will probably be intercepted but hopefully if enough users contact APPLE on the issue it might trigger a response of some description. Trevor
I wrote to Cook too, but i think we are fucked....
I think deleveloper too have to help to resolve with apple that, the have a direct contact... But if Developer don't "shot", i'm sure nothing will move.

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:49 am

I did have a communication from Focusrite today simply advising they are still talking to APPLE about a resolution to the problem but suggesting it will only come from an APPLE future IOS Update as in 9.3 but no guarantee. All in all a very unsatisfactory situation. The CCK method of communicating with the iPad has been a recognised method of connecting peripheral devices for a considerable amount of time and has attracted, I suspect, many thousands of users. Out of decency and sheer respect to customers APPLE should leave this convenient communication method untouched. USB connectivity still offers the widest choice of professional Multi Input Audio Interfaces. MFI connectivity has yet to offer anything but single or dual input devices which are no good for musicians and engineers trying to connect multiple arrays of input devices, particularly when AURIA offers almost unlimited input opportunities. My personal opinion of course but I'm sure I'm not alone. Perhaps we could all rent some space on a Billboard outside APPLE headquarters saying in big letters APPLE TRASHES USB DEVICES ON IPAD. If anyone else fancies shouting to APPLE please do so. Trevor

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:49 am

Morgan wrote:I did have a communication from Focusrite today simply advising they are still talking to APPLE about a resolution to the problem but suggesting it will only come from an APPLE future IOS Update as in 9.3 but no guarantee. All in all a very unsatisfactory situation. The CCK method of communicating with the iPad has been a recognised method of connecting peripheral devices for a considerable amount of time and has attracted, I suspect, many thousands of users. Out of decency and sheer respect to customers APPLE should leave this convenient communication method untouched. USB connectivity still offers the widest choice of professional Multi Input Audio Interfaces. MFI connectivity has yet to offer anything but single or dual input devices which are no good for musicians and engineers trying to connect multiple arrays of input devices, particularly when AURIA offers almost unlimited input opportunities. My personal opinion of course but I'm sure I'm not alone. Perhaps we could all rent some space on a Billboard outside APPLE headquarters saying in big letters APPLE TRASHES USB DEVICES ON IPAD. If anyone else fancies shouting to APPLE please do so. Trevor
Not truly correct, MFI desnt limit number of input and output for example

http://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI4pl

And charge the iPad.

But it's a no sense change own existing hw due a bug

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:40 am

Acaonweb, hi there. Thanks for bringing that particular device to my attention as I hadn't come across it when searching for IPAD compatible devices? It's certainly a step in the right direction but for me 8 inputs are the minimum I can get away with hence the use of the 18i8. Take care Trevor

Update: just been on the iConnectAUDIO4+ forum and it seems there are iOS 9 problems with this platform as well. One user reporting that two of his iPads on iOS 9 won't work. Well done APPLE.
Last edited by Morgan on Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:12 am

Morgan wrote:Acaonweb, hi there. Thanks for bringing that particular device to my attention as I hadn't come across it when searching for IPAD compatible devices? It's certainly a step in the right direction but for me 8 inputs are the minimum I can get away with hence the use of the 18i8. Take care Trevor
i agree with you. Just to say that MFI interfaces haven't a limitation compared to USB +CCK :D
I don't wanna loose my 18i8... But if I'll plan to change my iPad to a new one (and I've only an iPad Air 1) I'll have to do that
So I hope for a rapid solution, but don't think positive and I think I'll have to change my hardware.

Metallion
Expert

Post by Metallion » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:41 am

If only we could at least revert to a iOS 8.. Apple SHOULD let it happen as we bought our systems with other working iOS.
My ipad is obsolete until this situation is solved. Im very very disapointed.

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:03 am

100 % in agreement. RIM, MATT, COREY I do hope you are forwarding or at least passing on to APPLE the level of complaints regard iOS 9 reported on this forum. As users we have few routes to complain to APPLE but as a developer you know what doors to open. It is only your superb AURIA development that is currently keeping me on this platform but my patience with APPLE is running out.

Trevor

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:56 am

I've submitted an Apple bug report on this, but there's not much we can do as developers either but wait until they fix this. If anyone's interested in escalating this with Apple, the Apple Radar ID is: 24857746

Rim

Metallion
Expert

Post by Metallion » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:58 am

Ok. After testing the 9.3 beta 4 i must say its a little better in my iPad 4. (i will not test again with my Air 2 until this thing is really solved) But Auria Pro, Audiobus, Cubasis....working fine here. The thing just go berserk if i change the sample rate inside Cubasis for example.
But i adjust latency and is working without glitches. I can have a band making a rehearsal now with monitoring.
Made reboot various times, open close apps, all good..

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:08 am

There was a workaround reported on the Audiobus forum that can help fix this problem: once you connect your interface, if you plug and unplug a pair of headphones into the iPad headphone socket it seems to reset the internal audio and latency is back to normal.

It's far from ideal, but it does mean you can keep working until the bug is fixed.

Metallion
Expert

Post by Metallion » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:22 am

richardyot wrote:There was a workaround reported on the Audiobus forum that can help fix this problem: once you connect your interface, if you plug and unplug a pair of headphones into the iPad headphone socket it seems to reset the internal audio and latency is back to normal.

It's far from ideal, but it does mean you can keep working until the bug is fixed.

That workaround didn't work well here. Worked or not worked... it wasn't stable anyway.

The best now is install 9.3 Beta 4.