Amplitude 4 iOS ??

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jz20051

Amplitude 4 iOS ??

Post by jz20051 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:27 pm

Hey guys!

I have a quick question for you guys! I'm currently using Bias FX and Tone Stack (honestly I really like Bias FX/Amp/Pedal, it feels a lot like a real tube amp) However, I've been very curious about Amplitude 4 for the iPad. I've read a lot of complains and ect., but at the same time I read a lot praise for Tone Stack, but I was less than impressed (considering all the hype it had on the reviews, it didn't have the harmonic warmth or "feel" Bias has).

So finally to my question... How does Amplitude 4 compare now to Bias FX and Tone Stack?? (I know it's now using the same DSP engine as the Amplitude Custom Shop) Plus, I'm really curious about the Mesa Boogie release. Although, I would use more of the Fender cleans and overdrive since I'm playing at Church.

Anywho, what do you guys HONESTLY think about Amplitude 4? Yay or nay? I have some extra money (thanks be to God!) but I don't want spend it if I don't have to. But I am looking for the best tone possible *the best for the Lord :D

Thanks guys for your help!

Tourniquet
Expert

Re: Amplitude 4 iOS ??

Post by Tourniquet » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:36 pm

I haven't used Amplitude 4.0. I have used a few of the other Amplitudes. I much much much prefer Bias FX, and JamUp for that matter.

I really like Tonestack for the FX, but as far as using it for Rock or metal, it is lacking for me personally in the authentic sound department.

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:55 pm

I removed Amplitube, switching to BIAS exclusively. It's a matter of preference I suppose, but I found myself migrating to BIAS / FX more and more, almost never using Amplitube.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:25 pm

I have Amplitube, and bought a bunch of the devices. It's a good product. I also purchased Bias FX and Bias, though I was annoyed, after purchasing FX on the iPad, to find out it didn't run on the iPhone.

I have played with Jam Up and Tonestack as well. I think Bias sounds better than Amplitube. I'm now kicking myself a bit for picking up FX. I don't play live, I just really need decent amp sounds to record in Auria, where I also have excellent effects, eq, etc. So I could get away with just Bias Amp. From the clean tones to the gnarliest distortion, it's all there, without actually having to muck with creating my own amp models. And the ability to download other setups from the cloud is excellent. I'll be picking up Bias amp for the iPad to go with FX there.

The thing with the modelling stuff, is that everything has it's own great sounds. But I'd say, if you have the Bias stuff, unless you're really hot to hear what the Mesa Boogie stuff sounds like, Amplitube is not going to get you anything new or better.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:09 am

I use Amplitube 4 and Bias amp/Fx, they all offer things, ver 4 does sound better than ver 3 , sounds much warmer. I'd say take the free version for a test drive. btw Im using an Apogee jam 96k, and then i run it into an Apogee duet, sounds killer.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac