Aurialink

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

vortex
Expert

Aurialink

Post by vortex » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi Rim,

I was wondering if aurialink is still working, I literally can't find any videos or images/screenshots of anyone using this. The reason why I ask is because I'm about to purchase another iPad and would like to know if this feature is still tested and working. If so, is there anyway you could post a screenshot or a link to this working? Thanks so much.

vortex
Expert

Re: Aurialink

Post by vortex » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:05 pm

Hey @rim I know you are a busy guy but you seemed to answer my last question very quickly, perhaps this one just slipped through the cracks but I am very curious to know if Aurialink is still working and supported, any feedback would be a great help, thanks.

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:25 am

Hi 'Vortex' perhaps RIM is taking a well earned rest or holiday. I have two IPads both running AuriaPro but have never used the AuriaLink option. It's obviously documented on page 147 of the user guide but I gather you would like proof of it actually working. Short of any other forum member coming forward with information and if I a get a moment later today I will try and set the two iPads up and see how AuriaLink performs. Trevor

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:32 am

Hi Vortex. I use AuriaLink daily as I connect my iPad Pro and Air together. Here are some things to keep in mind. First both iPads need to be on the same wifi network. I highly recommend a lan wireless that is not connected to the internet so that you don't get interruptions from mail etc. I just use a standard wireless modem and log both iPads on to it. Next both iPads need to have bletooth enabled as well as the wifi. Now touch connect iusing AuriaLink on both iPads n the first page of settings under the Menu. One will become the slave the other the master. You can change which one is the master by how you select the Accept signature and on which iPad but simply reverse the connect process if you get it wrong. In other words hit connect on one iPad first then the other. If that doesn't get you the set up you need try the other iPad first for connect then the other one. Eventually you will fall on the right iPad being the master that you chose. Works great. If you want to record a track on the slave you will need to create track on the master to record to as well. Nothing will get recorded on the master track but it will allow the master to enter record mode. Don't forget to engage the slave track to record ready light on. Cheers and hope this helps. I have been working on a series of Auria videos and this is one of them.

AndyE
Expert

Post by AndyE » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:49 am

Anthony Alves wrote: I have been working on a series of Auria videos and this is one of them.
Looking forward to those, Anthony. Top guy.

Morgan
Expert

Post by Morgan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:13 am

Thanks Anthony that saves me the hassle of working it out. Trevor

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:17 am

Hi, sorry, I've been out of town for a week (yes, finally a vacation ;) Thanks for the save, Anthony ;)

Rim

vortex
Expert

Post by vortex » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:26 am

Wow thanks so much for the response guys! Very much looking forward to those videos:)