Controlling Auria's Mixer via Hardware

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

vortex
Expert

Controlling Auria's Mixer via Hardware

Post by vortex » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:44 am

Is using a HUI/Mackie control surface the only way to control Auria's mixer via hardware? Does Auria support any kind of midi-learn functionality for the mixer so any midi control surface can be used to control the faders/mute/solo ect...?

Radside
Expert

Re: Controlling Auria's Mixer via Hardware

Post by Radside » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:27 pm

No midi learning currently. Also Mackie Control and HUI not working yet with the X Touch or Mackie Control Universial units.

vortex
Expert

Post by vortex » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:30 pm

And how about keyboard controller support? Will we at least get transport ability via bluetooth keyboard since the iPad pro supports keyboards natively now?

Radside
Expert

Post by Radside » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:45 pm

vortex wrote:And how about keyboard controller support? Will we at least get transport ability via bluetooth keyboard since the iPad pro supports keyboards natively now?
It is my understanding that Auria does not have bluetooth support. I'm not sure if this is on @Rim list of features but it would be nice to have at some point especially with the Korg Nanokontrol and Nanokey Studio products, which support Bluetooth LE, coming out soon. It is also my understanding that Apple's current limitation is that audio cannot be recorded while using a BTLE device...at least that is the way it is implement in Garageband for iOS.

vortex
Expert

Post by vortex » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:42 pm

It is also my understanding that Apple's current limitation is that audio cannot be recorded while using a BTLE device
That sounds and would be in practice, completely ridiculous. What about all the devices supporting it such as the PUCK+, yamaha's new device and the WEJ. There are more than this but there is no way these devices would receive crowdfunding if they could not be used to record.

Radside
Expert

Post by Radside » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:24 am

Yeah...my memory was a little off. In going back and re-reading old posts, inputs are not supported when a BT or airplay output device is in use. Also, feel free to search these forums yourself as a lot of these question have been asked before and maybe you would not get "ridiculous" replies to your question.

http://www.auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic ... oth#p44637

http://help.apple.com/garageband/ipad/2.1/#/chs41c7a54c