Really bizarre import fail

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

giomakyo
Expert

Really bizarre import fail

Post by giomakyo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:25 am

Ok, here's the problem, and it's a major mystery:

1.) have a folder of loops, WAV files , that I just created and saved on Dropbox and in Audioshare.
2.) I create a new project in Auria.
3.) I import the first file. No problem.
4.) try to import the second file. Fail. Try again, fail. Try the hird file. Fail. Etc. Try any other file in this folder, and it will not import. Auria recognizes the WAV in dropbox, and when it imports the progress bar moves successfully to the right, Then a window opens saying "converting sample rate", it finishes, but there's nothing in the track I imported into. Or any other track. Interestingly, the first track that imported did not have the "converting sample rate" window appear, but all the files should be the same sample rate. Projct is 16/44.

Ok, now here's where it gets really bizarre. If I try to bring in the files via AudioCopy, from either Audioshare or the app I originally created them in, both also fail. The files get copied into AudioCopy successfully, I can select them in Audiocopy and even preview in Audiocopy, but when I go to paste, nothing appears in Auria. Again, the progress bar indicates that the file has imported. If I look for the file, I go to "Import File", and I can see the file there in the "Local" section, correct name, 16/44, and if I hit the play button I can hear it, but the length is shown as 00:00 !!!

To doublecheck, I have tried importing WAV files from other folders on dDopbox into the same project, and it works fine. Ditto for Audiocopy. I also have taken the files that I can't import into Auria and successfully imported them from Dropbox into the Korg sampler in Gadget and into IMPC. I've also opened them from Audioshare into Loopy, Samplr, Echo Pad. So the WAV files are fine, as is the Dropbox link.

So the Auria project will not take these files as imports or copy/paste, but will take seemingly every other file I have on dropbox. Yet I'm not experiencing any problem with these files in any other apps ....

Any clue? I am completely baffled.

Thanks in advance.

Gio Makyo
Last edited by giomakyo on Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

giomakyo
Expert

Re: Really bizarre import fail

Post by giomakyo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:54 am

Files are 16/44, same as the project in Auria...

giomakyo
Expert

Post by giomakyo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:58 am

Just saw this thread:

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13604

I was also using a file created in Figure... And very similar problem.
But if the problem is Figure and/or Audiocopy, why do the same files open fine in Audioshare, Gadget, Loopy etc.?
Other Audiocopy files load fine...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:22 am

I'm not sure what might be happening, but it's possible Figure creates WAV files that don't completely follow the WAV spec. Other apps might have workarounds that accept WAV files that don't conform, but Auria's WAV reader is pretty strict. can you try creating WAV files in another app, then importing?

Rim

giomakyo
Expert

Post by giomakyo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:45 am

Thanks for the quick reply.

Everything else imports & opens fine. Loop libraries, audio from other projects, other apps, etc.

I just made two new loops in Figure, created a new project, and imported both successfully via Audioshare.
So Figure can work.

The only thing I did differently before -- with the files that I couldn't import -- was that I had changed their names in Audioshare.
Bingo, thought that might be the problem, so I went back to Figure and re-exported one of the problem loops into AudioShare without changing the name. Audioshare was fine, but same problem, could not import from there into Auria.

I can always just run the Figure phrases through Audiobus and record them live, so there is a workaround, but it's driving me crazy trying to figure out what the problem is! Figure is working, Audioshare and Dropbox import are working, it's just this one group of WAVs... Soooo wtf!

giomakyo
Expert

Post by giomakyo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:53 am

This is what I see when I open import file, in the "Local" window,
You can see the one file that successfully imported is at 00:17.
The two files below it are present, and playback using the play function in "Local", but you can see their length is listed at 00:00. These files cannot be imported, and even if I delete them in local, same problem when I try to import from audio share again.
Attachments
image.jpg

giomakyo
Expert

Post by giomakyo » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:56 pm

For the record, never solved this. It must be a Figure issue because all other Import & Share functions work fine.

What's really bizarre is Figure also works fine with Auria except for this one group of patterns I created, even re-opening them, changing alightly and re-saving under a different name, they still can't open in Auria.

Oh well, just reocrded them live thru Audiobus. Onwards...

Tovokas
Expert

Post by Tovokas » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:42 am

You might want to try doing a tiny bit of trimming and saving to a new file in AudioShare, and see if the files import into Auria then. If so that would be pretty convincing evidence that there is just something with the WAV format that Auria doesn't like.