Drumagog Hi Hat Tracking

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Dwayne
Expert

Drumagog Hi Hat Tracking

Post by Dwayne » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:12 am

How are you doing it? I'm trying to find a way to track the various elements of hi hats, e.g. closed, open, pedal. I have been adjusting the articulation slider but I can't work out if there is a way to prevent the open hat sound continuing over the next closed hat sound. Know what I mean?

I'm using Lyra Rock Kit to generate the hi hat sounds with the closed and open notes on the same track. Using the midi sounds the hi hats work as I would expect.

I am currently setting the closed hi hats to a velocity of about 80-90 and the open hits to 120-127. Then adjusted the Sensitivity slider to be between the two levels. With the articulation slider all the up to Open, this seems to trigger the open hi hats but doesn't close them again, it just rings out. I've attached a screenshot in case it might help to see my settings.

I'm usually pretty good at fiddling and working things out but even after reading the manual I still can't work it out. Am I missing a setting somewhere in Drumagog or is this just one of those features that are yet to make it to the iPad version?

You could probably also do something with automation and a lot of perseverance, right?

Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_0534 2.PNG

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Drumagog Hi Hat Tracking

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:14 am

What you're looking for is a feature called Auto Hi-hat tracking, but that's only found in the desktop versions of Drumagog. You could automate the articulation slider in Auria though...

RIm

leem
Expert

Re: Drumagog Hi Hat Tracking

Post by leem » Sun May 29, 2016 6:41 pm

any chance this might be added to drumagog for Auria sometime in the future? I would be very interested, and would be willing to pay for an upgrade.

I love Auria and recording/mixing on the ipad! I would love to be able to add some hi hat replacement in addition to the drum replacement, which is great.