Problem when choosing input.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Renfield
Expert

Problem when choosing input.

Post by Renfield » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Even though my interface is connected I can only choose from the inputs Mic or Master. I've got two different interfaces but there's no difference. This problem occurs almost everytime, how can I solve this?

Washboy
Expert

Re: Problem when choosing input.

Post by Washboy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:28 pm

Have these interfaces recently stopped working with Auria or have you not tried before?

Just to the right of the project title (at the top of either of Auria's screens) there are two indicators. The upper one is probably green and reads "44.1". With no USB interface connected and recognised by iOS, the lower indicator is blue and reads "INT". When an iOS-compatible USB interface is successfully connected to your iPad it will read "USB" instead.

If yours reads "INT" you need to check your cabling. Are you using a genuine Apple CCK? If you've never used these two interfaces before, have you confirmed they're iOS-compatible (class compliant)? If you're unsure, tell us make/model and we may be able to advise.

EDIT: Haven't we been here before? :wink: http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 232#p47232

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:48 pm

Lol!

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:22 am

I have that same issue, but I have no audio interface. whilst the track record is enabled on a channel I only get Mic or Master [red state] as the input options. When I disable track record all of the input options return [blue state].

I've disabled built in speaker/mic processing and I'm still having the same problem.

Auria Pro x CME Xkey x Earbuds

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:54 am

Auria is the worst investment that I have ever made. I seem to spend more time trying to fix problems than I do writing music :x

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:09 am

whilst the track record is enabled on a channel I only get Mic or Master [red state] as the input options. When I disable track record all of the input options return [blue state].
With no interface connected, what you are seeing is correct and working as it should be.

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:17 am

Custard Gannet wrote:whilst the track record is enabled on a channel I only get Mic or Master [red state] as the input options. When I disable track record all of the input options return [blue state].
That may be the case but it still doesn't fix this problem. I want to be able to select a bus so that I can record audio coming in from another channel. When the track record is disabled I can select a bus as the input, when I enable record the input changes to Mic and only records through the Mic rather than the bus. Just to clarify, no other channels are available other than Mic/Master when I enable the track record button. All that I am able to record is the audio coming in through my iPads internal mic rather than the audio from another channel.

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:24 am

Why is something that should be so simple so difficult?

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:48 am

I can't see anything in the manual that says a channel will record from the internal mic instead of audio routed from another channel. Why do the routing options disappear when I enable track record?

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:51 am

How do I record audio from one track to another without an audio interface?

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:52 am

How do I record the audio from one channel to another channel without recording through the mic?

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:12 pm

Are you seriously telling me that no one knows how to do this?

Funjunkie27
Expert

Post by Funjunkie27 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:36 pm

Just copy the audio from one track and paste it in the other.

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:50 pm

Funjunkie27 wrote:Just copy the audio from one track and paste it in the other.
I want to record a midi track to an audio track. I know that I can bounce in place, but I want to record audio from a midi track to an audio track so that I still have the midi channel. I also want to record midi and audio tracks to a bus, which I can't do because when I record enable the track the bus input changes to mic and records the signal from the internal mic.

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:00 pm

Also the metronome is temperamental and doesn't continuously run whilst Auria is playing regardless of my default settings. Am I the only one that is having all these issues? It's just one thing after another.