moog 15 tempo sync

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Vpich

moog 15 tempo sync

Post by Vpich » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:30 pm

love auria, thanks rim for your hard work and vision.

got patterning working perfectly, templates made for both programs. awesome.

but moog 15 integration remains just beyond my grasp.

following both manuals everything seems to be setup correctly, but moog does not change tempo to match auria. sending mtc and clock. i switch aura to 118bpm, and moog remains at 120. have not tried sending notes from auria, just using the moog arp. also, should i be able to start the moog arp from aura's transport? if so, not happening.

any insight?

Denzkps
Expert

Re: moog 15 tempo sync

Post by Denzkps » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:08 am

For Auria pro in midi Chanel model15 work fine

thomaus

Post by thomaus » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:27 pm

Hi there
I too love the idea of Auria and Model 15 but have had problems also.

I have been using Model 15 within Auria with mixed results. I have an Ipad Pro 9.7 and I have been inserting Model 15 as an IAA Instrument (rather than the Audiobridge outputs) with all Midi data routed from Auria.

Model 15 does generally sync tempo when playing Auria. I find it flaky though- gets out of sync, strange speeding up effects, crackles and crashes. Possibly related to peaks in the CPU but I'm wondering whether there are bugs in the system causing these and your problems.

The IAA transport in Model 15 seems definitely broken- I can't seem to ever get the record button to work properly. I normally have to go back into Auria, arm record, than back into Model 15.

I'm new to DAWs on the IOS and Model 15 and I didn't really know what kind of performance I should expect. My overall impression is that the IAA system is pretty flaky for live recording. Happy to be corrected if people have tips.

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:15 pm

IAA is flaky. For example, iPolysix and iMS20 always give me heavy jitter when played in IAA mode. Better to use AudioBus instead. Works perfectly.