Newb question about recording effects

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Empt
Expert

Newb question about recording effects

Post by Empt » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:37 pm

I have .wav files in a track, and i am using an insert effect on the track...

It plays fine, but when i try to record the final effects into the track as a new .wav file, it recorda silence....but when i turn Record off, it plays fine again....

And yes, i have Record Effects turned on in the specific track.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Newb question about recording effects

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:08 pm

when you already have an audio file in a track with effects plugged into the plugin slots of the track, pressing record of that track will erase what is on the track because you didn't record anything over it. If you need to combine the fx and the track together there are two options. One, Use the Bounce in Place feature found under the Process Menu. Don't forget to select the track by tapping on the side info panel of the track in the track editor window. A blue border line will surround the info panel. Then tap bounce in place under the Process Menu. You will end up with a mix down version of the track including all fx on that track. Two, the second is to use the mix down option under the Menu in the editor window. This feature mixes down the entire song including all tracks and master and subgroup and buss fx. To isolate just one track to mix down simply solo the track you want to mix down and select mix down from the main Menu. Remember to turn off any fx in the master section or any other fx you don't want included in the mix down. It is for this reason that Rim created the bounce in place feature so as to avoid soloing or muting master fx for a mix down of a single track. Hope that helps and always refer to the manuel for further info. Good luck and cheers.

Empt
Expert

Post by Empt » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:37 pm

Another great answer that clears everything up for me......much thanks Anthony

Empt
Expert

Post by Empt » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:59 pm

Another question.....i have a track that i have .wav samples on, and i want to record it while manipulating effects in real time by hand...

Whats the best way to do that?

Bouncing in place won't work, obviously, because its not real time.....

ErrkaPetti
Expert

Post by ErrkaPetti » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:07 am

Empt wrote:Another question.....i have a track that i have .wav samples on, and i want to record it while manipulating effects in real time by hand...

Whats the best way to do that?

Bouncing in place won't work, obviously, because its not real time.....
Can't you just use the automation i the sequencer?
Write automation first and the make it readable and thereafter bounce in place?

Empt
Expert

Post by Empt » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:31 am

I could do that, but id much prefer to manipulate the effect by hand while recording....

Plus, id like to know how to do it with effect apps that cant be easily automated....