Export individual tracks?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Cattrax

Export individual tracks?

Post by Cattrax » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:52 pm

I'm fairly new to Auria, and have tried searching the forum for help on this topic with no luck. Is there a way to export individual Auria tracks to dropbox? I ask this because I'm working on a project with a friend who lays down a few new tracks (or does some retakes) each session. When I export the project to dropbox (not as a mixdown), all track files in the project are sent, which makes sense. The problem is that dropbox gets filled up with duplicates of the unaltered tracks, not to mention the time it takes while exporting. Can individual track files be exported and, if it's possible, what are the steps? If not, I guess I'll just keep deleting dropbox files! Thanks for your help.

Aeron
Expert

Re: Export individual tracks?

Post by Aeron » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:32 pm

You can try two methods. One is to mix down stems from the mix down menu or try an AAF file if the DAW the song will be imported into supports AAF files. I think with AAF you will need to transfer manually with iTunes or ifunbox. Not sure what happens with stems but I think that needs manual transfer as well.

Stems are chosen as the file type in the mix down menu. AAF has an entry of its own in the menu

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:43 pm

Cattrax wrote:I'm fairly new to Auria, and have tried searching the forum for help on this topic with no luck. Is there a way to export individual Auria tracks to dropbox? I ask this because I'm working on a project with a friend who lays down a few new tracks (or does some retakes) each session. When I export the project to dropbox (not as a mixdown), all track files in the project are sent, which makes sense. The problem is that dropbox gets filled up with duplicates of the unaltered tracks, not to mention the time it takes while exporting. Can individual track files be exported and, if it's possible, what are the steps? If not, I guess I'll just keep deleting dropbox files! Thanks for your help.
In the edit window you can select a track (tap it to outline blue) go to Edit> choose Share> choose "open in other app"> choose "save to Dropbox" and that will send just the single track :D

Cattrax

Post by Cattrax » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:33 pm

Thanks for your help!