New update has gremlins

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

EssexGooner
Expert

Re: New update has gremlins

Post by EssexGooner » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:24 pm

Rim wrote:It's not possible for apple to charge for for something you already bought. However, remember that every version of Auria (regular, pro and LE) is a separate app, with its own in-app purchases. So if you own both Auria and Auria Pro for example, and you bought drumagog inside Auria, that doesn't mean you also own the same plugin inside Auria Pro according to apple.

Of course if you only have one version of Auria on your iPad, this doesn't apply.

Rim
I've been using Drumagog with Auriapro since it was released and I only have AuriaPro on my iPad. This happened previously when I tried to restore after an update and Apple had to issue a refund so I have contacted them again.

EssexGooner
Expert

Post by EssexGooner » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:38 pm

After Drumagog restored, I tried restore all purchases and it worked. I didn't log out of iTunes or reboot the iPad.

I just need to get a refund for Drumagog now but all good again.

Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:39 pm

What we're suspecting is that yesterday's massive Amazon S3 outage, which took down Apple's App Store (http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/02/ ... zon-outage), caused the errors folks saw, as Auria could not reach Apple's servers to check for restorable purchases. Logging out and back in forces that connection to be re-made and work today. Doesn't seem to be connected to version 2.10 or JamUp, just bad timing.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:48 pm

EssexGooner wrote:
I've been using Drumagog with Auriapro since it was released and I only have AuriaPro on my iPad. This happened previously when I tried to restore after an update and Apple had to issue a refund so I have contacted them again.
It sounds like you originally purchased Drumagog back in Auria, but now have only Auria Pro on your iPad, which is what Rim was referring to. You can't restore Drumagog directly into Auria Pro, since you bought it in Auria - and Apple considers those two totally separate apps. To get it back on a new/wiped iPad you first need to install plain Auria, restore purchases in Auria (non-Pro) so Drumagog appears, install Auria Pro, and then use "Transfer Purchases" in Settings to move them from Auria to Auria Pro.

Please note that this only applies to people who bought outright both Auria and Auria Pro - NOT those who only bought Auria and then upgraded to the Pro features. This is confusing, we know, but This Post has a lot more info.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:04 am

Denzkps wrote:Maybe it help
After exit from my ID and restart iPad and then in to ID
I can restore all purchases but can't restore pro Q2
And so I was forced to by Pro Q2 upgrade because I restored all but ProQ2 not
I bought it in 04 dec 2015
Do you have any advice?

Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:34 pm

Denzkps wrote:
Denzkps wrote:Maybe it help
After exit from my ID and restart iPad and then in to ID
I can restore all purchases but can't restore pro Q2
And so I was forced to by Pro Q2 upgrade because I restored all but ProQ2 not
I bought it in 04 dec 2015
Do you have any advice?
When you "Restore Purchases", it checks with Apple's servers for any purchases made under your current Apple ID and the currently running edition of Auria (standard vs. Pro vs. LE), and only restores those purchases made with that exact combination. If one of your purchased plug-ins isn't being restored, it means either the current Apple ID or Auria edition is different than when you purchased the plug-in, so double-check both of those things. If you purchased the plug-in under a different Apple ID, you will need to log out and back in with the other one (iPad Settings > iTunes & App Store).

If the Auria edition is different, for example, you bought Q2 through standard Auria but later decided to buy the full, non-upgraded Auria Pro - you can't restore purchases directly, and need to do what I described earlier (install standard Auria, restore purchases, install Auria Pro, "transfer" purchases).

If you encounter any more trouble, email us though "support at auriaapp dot com".
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:00 pm

I'm having issues with audio units not working inside of aux fx slots, none seem to work
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac

GuntharBecker
Expert

Post by GuntharBecker » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:37 am

I can also confirm AUs aren't working when inserted into any of the AUX returns.

AudioReverb, for example, when inserted as an AU doesn't register input and gives no sound output. I switch to the IAA version in the same FX slot... passes signal properly. :shock:
iPad Air 2 64, Scarlett 18i8, Auria, etc.

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:45 am

This bug was when 64bit mode used in Auria

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:25 pm

I just tested about 10 different AUs on the Aux FX slots in both 32 and 64bit mixer mode and all worked perfectly.
What are the specific AudioUnits that you are having issues with?

GuntharBecker
Expert

Post by GuntharBecker » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:43 pm

I'm aware of the issues with setting the mixer to 64 bit - I have it set at 32 bit. Then again, I thought this bug had been addressed in one of the recent updates, but I could be wrong.

Corey - I tried AudioReverb and Phlox Phaser since they are both AU and IAA and allowed me to swap them out on the same FX insert. Also tried AU only Korvpressor, Frekvens, and Tonebridge. Still the same issue as described above in my previous post.

FWIW - This is an older session (from when ios 9 first came out) - I loaded up a newer session and the AUs were behaving properly. However, upon loading up the older session... same issue. Could be a problem with older sessions and AU? Also, this session was created in Auria before I did the Pro upgrade through the Auria store. Perhaps that's a contributing factor?
I've had previous issues loading old sessions in Auria, but almost always loading a newer session and then reloading the older one seemed to put me back on track...

EDIT - tried this with several older sessions, all with the same result. AUs load up as they should but aren't doing squat to the audio. These sessions were all on my iPad already and were not restored from a backup FYI.
Last edited by GuntharBecker on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:57 pm

Corey W wrote:I just tested about 10 different AUs on the Aux FX slots in both 32 and 64bit mixer mode and all worked perfectly.
What are the specific AudioUnits that you are having issues with?
I mainly tried using some reverbs, VirSynth AudioReverb, Blamsoft Zero Reverb and also a few other AU fx, Lofionic Duplicat and a couple other Blamsoft fx, chorus, Filter.

So what I wanted to do was record using my Microbrute, using the Apogee Duet, and have reverb via an Aux return. I was trying to hear it in real time before I actually recorded the track and noticed I couldnt hear any of them, but I could hear the built in ClassicVerb and Convolution Reverb. Now whats strange is that I could hear the AU fx when I used the Lyra Sampler.
It just seems to be an issue with audio tracks, actually when I tried it yesterday I was recording my Microbrute, going thru an Apogee Jam 96k, today I used the Apogee Duet for IOS/Mac and I made a video and uploaded to YouTube if that helps, heres the link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5bQrHF ... e=youtu.be

GuntharBecker
Expert

Post by GuntharBecker » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:57 pm

I hadn't tried a live input sent to an AUX with an AU (as demonstrated by Strizbiz in his video).

Did so and can confirm the issues Strizbiz posted. Audio tracks in some sessions won't work with an AU, but live inputs (in my case thumbjam and some guitar) sent to the same AUX with an AU work as they should.

EDIT - changing my buffer size under settings seems to correct this for me. I had it set to 4096, and while the audio was playing I dropped it down to 64. Playback paused for a second, then resumed and all of a sudden the AU was working.

Strizbiz, can you try this and confirm?

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:13 am

GuntharBecker , I tried changing the buffer size and it worked, but after that, I started a new session to see if I could get it to happen again to see if thats what Id have to do for every session, but I couldnt get it to work again. I thought maybe it was because I hadnt updated to the latest version of IOS, I usually take my time updating to the latest IOS , but even after I updated to the latest IOS I still couldnt get AU fx to work in aux fx slots.
I have Auria and Auria Pro, rather than go the update route I just bought Auria Pro when it came out, and Im having the same issue with both versions of Auria, strange.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:47 pm

Many AUs don't like large buffer sizes. Try using 512 or lower on these particular AUs. I'd suggest also lettting the developers of those AUs know, so they can change their code to allow large buffer sizes.