Anyone use/like the Lurssen Mastering Console?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

joe12stories
Expert

Anyone use/like the Lurssen Mastering Console?

Post by joe12stories » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:39 pm

So I've seen a bunch of comparisons with FabFilter plugs and Final Touch and Ozone etc etc but looking for some experience here. I know it's expensive but I don't want price to play into the comparison. I love the look and feel, the simplicity of it, and that it looks like it has built in limitations for noobies like me. This is extremely appealing to me, but there are two things I question that would be showstoppers: reliability (don't want buggy crash software) and some disk space issue they had a couple of versions ago where deleting projects wouldn't clear the disk space. Don't know if it was fixed. Looking for your input.

Tovokas
Expert

Re: Anyone use/like the Lurssen Mastering Console?

Post by Tovokas » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:30 pm

Apparently, after many months, they still haven't fixed the bug where the app doesn't save session info. I would have thought they would have been a touch more responsive with a $100 app, but the thing still has pop-up ads for goodness sakes. :)

On the other hand, I've seen reports from users who really appreciate the simple workflow, and who are very happy with the results. I think they offer 2 days of functionality for $5, so it might be worth giving it a test run.

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:28 am

I did a comparison between Lurrsen and Pro L on a track of mine a while back, see here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comm ... ent_239445

If I had to choose, I would stick with the FabFilters, but I don't regret buying Lurrsen, it's another option.

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 am

I really like Lurssen. It has a sound and character all its own. The problem, as was mentioned above, is that it has a pretty serious bug, which prevents it from state saving. It's been several months now without a fix. The last communication I received from IK Multimedia support said there would be a fix in the upcoming weeks. That was over a month ago. Right now, I'd avoid it. Too bad, really.

Strizbiz
Expert

Post by Strizbiz » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:48 pm

It sounds pretty warm and smooth, its simple and straight forward, but a little too simple for me, I use Final Touch if Im attempting mastering on my Ipad, its way cheaper and gives you a lot more control imo.
IPad Air 2 128 gb Apogee Duet Ipad/Mac