Final touch or audio mastering app?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jrech
Expert

Final touch or audio mastering app?

Post by jrech » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:11 pm

I was thinking of getting a mastering app. Does anyone have any positive or negative feedback on either final touch or audio mastering? I could use auria and the fabfilter plug-ins to do it too. I would wait until L2 becomes available. Let me know your thoughts.
iPad Pro, Auria Pro - https://jodyrech.bandcamp.com

TomD
Expert

Re: Final touch or audio mastering app?

Post by TomD » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:43 pm

I’ve used Final Touch and had good results. It is inexpensive, fairly easy to get descent results, and has lots of presets to try out. However, ever since I started using Fabfilter plugins with Auria, I haven’t used Final Touch for anything but a file converter.

jrech
Expert

Post by jrech » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:46 am

Is there a video in YouTube for mastering? I have all of the fabfilter plugins but need to know the correct order to put them in on auria. I have to get the L2 update still but I can still get the rest of it going in auria. I might get final touch just to mess around with it. I like having presets that will get me started
iPad Pro, Auria Pro - https://jodyrech.bandcamp.com

TomD
Expert

Post by TomD » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:42 am

I’m sure there are YouTube videos that talk about using fabfilter plugins for mastering. Though not necessarily specific to mastering, I’ve found the official fabfilter videos useful. Maybe someone else has specific video links they could offer.

Using something like final touch could be a great way to get started and help you figure out an order for the plugins that would best suit your needs.