Proposal - Region Editing Change

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

Proposal - Region Editing Change

Post by mtingle » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:28 am

Editing Screen - Region Manipulation.

Issue - to change the volume of a region you have to zoom in to see the handle on the region before you can adjust it. This makes for a lot of zooming in and out if you like to adjust region volumes a lot. This zooming in and out can get very tedious.

Issue - moving a region. To move a region you have to zoom in to the region until it is so large you can find the space between the trim handles and volume handle before you can press a section of the region that you can press to make it go into move mode (red outline). You can zoom vertically until the handles disappear. Both ways involve zooming, a lot of zooming all the time just to move regions around.

Proposal - don't have the region volume handle on each region, loose it completely. Instead convert the global zoom slider (top right of the edit screen) which is redundant on a touch screen, and make this the region volume adjuster. This way you don't have to zoom in to edit a region volume saving loads of needless zooming.

Bonus -by removing the region volume handle you make it a whole lot easier to move a region as the space needed to touch and move it is now a lot larger meaning less zooming to move it.

I believe making these ergonomic changes to Auria region manipulation would make a real difference to work flow.

My 2 cents. What's your thoughts?

theconnactic
Expert

Re: Proposal - Region Editing Change

Post by theconnactic » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:00 pm

I agree with the issues but I have a different proposal: leave the sliders alone (they are very convenient actually) and instead make changes by tapping on the numeric gain value in the LCD-like display (that one that shows region start, region end etc) to change gain of a selected (or multiple selected) region.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:12 pm

theconnactic wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:00 pm
I agree with the issues but I have a different proposal: leave the sliders alone (they are very convenient actually) and instead make changes by tapping on the numeric gain value in the LCD-like display (that one that shows region start, region end etc) to change gain of a selected (or multiple selected) region.
Yes that was my other thought if the zoom slider needed to be kept. The LCD area that displays the region volume could be used in some way to adjust region volumes. Maybe tapping the volumes numeric value could reveal a slider.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:03 pm

Great ideas! Thanks.

Rim